Be it your room, working desk, or even a car – everything looks good when organized.
Imagine coming to your house after a tiring day only to realize that even your bedroom does not seem like a good place to take a rest at the moment.
Similarly, if you are working online, you may have felt a need to bring control over your schedules as everything may look messed up.
Countless open tabs, a bunch of unidentifiable folders, hardcore distractions – everything starts to fall apart.
This is where organizing apps come into the picture.
They keep your virtual life and work environment organized by creating better routines, time blocks, online shelves etc; with the help of cutting edge technology and smart algorithms.
I have listed 12 best organizing tools to make your life a tad bit more productive and organized.
Sunsama is your daily task manager and calendar app.
It’s similar to Google Calendar, but it’s much cleaner and easier to use.
Features like daily planning, reflecting at the end of the day and syncing to Google Calendar make it a powerful time-management tool.
You can also set a pomodoro timer while working on a specific task, take short breaks in between, and track your progress altogether.
- Finished tasks can be auto-archived and unfinished tasks can be forwarded to the new day.
- Daily planning – If you like to organize your thoughts in a journal, then this feature is just for you.
- Sunsama works in great coordination with apps like Google Calendar, Gmail, Trello, ClickUp, Github, etc.
- You can create different channels to group your tasks together.
- The progress bar and the number of hours help you determine the amount of work you did that day.
- Drag and drop – I use Sunsama and Google Calendar in sync, meaning I can create a task in Sunsama, drag it to Google Calendar at my free slot. An incredible time saver.
Sunsama follows a fairly simple pricing structure. You get a 14-day free trial and then you pay $16/month on an annual billing.
Deepstash is not particularly a productivity app per se. It is rather a website that organizes your thoughts in the right direction.
The Android as well as the iOS app for Deepstash is minimalist.
With Deepstash, you can read summaries of the best articles, videos, books, etc, served as bite-sized nuggets of content.
You can not only consume, but also create content and publish it in Deepstash for others to read.
Most content produced on Deepstash comes under:
- Financial knowledge
- Non-fiction book summaries
- Entrepreneurship, etc.
Overall, it is a great app to channel your thoughts and learn something truly mesmerizing.
- Knowledge Library – Organizes content ideas based on the topic clusters, ideas, article links, etc.
- Curators Programme – If you love to write, the Curators Programme is just for you. You can apply for the same and once you get accepted, you can start contributing to the platform.
- Stashing – In Deepstash, stash means liking or bookmarking the particular article that you like. You can access the stashed article whenever you want.
- Hashtags – The hashtags that you follow will determine the content that will appear to you; meaning you can see the content you love by following those hashtags.
Deepstash is completely free to use without any hidden charges.
LastPass organizes all your passwords in one place and also makes them highly secure online. With LastPass, you don’t need to worry about data breaches or web monitoring.
If you are someone who keeps testing new tools and software and entering new passwords every time, then it would be a great practice to save your passwords in LastPass.
Besides passwords, you can keep track of wi-fi passwords, insurance cards, memberships, etc in LastPass that you can access anytime in the web/app.
- Password generator – With the assistance of an in-built password generator, you can generate very strong passwords.
- LastPass authenticator – This makes sure that only you can access and see your passwords.
- Dark web monitoring – If anything related to you is being shared on the dark web, LastPass will immediately alert you to mitigate the risks.
- Secure online shopping – Whenever you are about to pay online, LastPass will camouflage your card details to secure your sensitive information.
LastPass has a free plan where you also get to try the premium version for the first 30 days.
The basic premium plan starts at $3 per month, followed by the family plan that costs $4 per month.
Business plan pricing starts from $4 per month for the teams and $6 per month for businesses looking for scale.
ClickUp may seem a bit complicated for a while due to a lot of features, but it is truly a remarkable project management tool.
Although most people use ClickUp for project and task management; it can organize every aspect of your professional life, if used correctly.
It has advanced built-in features such as workload checking, mind map for brainstorming, different board views, whiteboard, embeds, and much more.
You can even create automations based on conditions, much easier than Trello.
- Task prioritization – With the help of color-coded flags, you can prioritize one task above/below or equally to the other.
- Brainstorming – ClickUp has built an ecosystem within the app where you can jot down your ideas, convert them into plans, and then execute them.
- Templates – You also get various in-built templates with distinct settings that you can start using immediately.
- Creating and assigning tasks – Majority of users find the task creation and assignment part best suited in ClickUp.
- Commenting – I found the comment part of ClickUp very useful, especially when it’s about tagging or mentioning someone. Whenever you get mentioned in a comment, you get an app notification as well as the email notification.
ClickUp has a forever free plan.
The premium plans are categorized into 3 versions:
- Unlimited ($5/month)
- Business ($9/month)
- Business Plan ($19/month)
Todoist is an advanced task manager tool that allows you to organize your daily tasks, add recurring tasks, subtasks, and much more – all very easily with its keyboard shortcuts.
The color coding system on each task determines the priority of that task, meaning it becomes easier to know which task to prioritize first.
Delegating tasks has never been easier than this. If you are working on a group project as a project manager, you can delegate your tasks and free up your time.
Talking about working as a group, the comment system in Todoist is very user-friendly. Just like communication tools such as Slack, you can share chats and other media files in Todoist.
- Effortless connections with third-party apps (IFTTT, Google Calendar, etc).
- Visual analytics to track goals efficiently.
- Kanban style drag and drop feature.
- Labels to find the accurate group for each task and sub-tasks.
- Variety of themes for design enthusiasts.
- Forwarding tasks through email – This feature allows you to add tasks to your Todoist dashboard through an email. You can forward emails to specific groups/labels to automatically add tasks in your Todoist.
Todoist comes with a lifetime free plan. They have two premium plans (Pro and Business). Pro is suitable if you are a team of less or equal to 25 members. It starts at $3/month when billed annually.
The business plan is for large teams (around 50 members per project) and it’s price starts from $5/month when billed as an annual subscription.
With Notion, you can organize all your notes, articles, media files, and other attachments, all in one place by creating a personal cool-looking website.
You can treat Notion as a combination of a productivity and project management tool.
Whether you are a student, an online entrepreneur or a design person, you can use Notion to organize your thoughts into a well-printed web, with the help of their pre-built templates for all.
The features provided by Notion do not end, at least anytime sooner. There is a lot to explore.
You can use Notion to schedule your tasks/projects, tick your to-dos, and even for planning and outlining your projects.
- Easy to use app that lets you get everything done with keyboard shortcuts.
- Quick import feature to import your Notion pages in the form of a word doc, pdf, and even the excel file.
- With the help of the board switch feature, you can easily switch between different boards/tables as per your preferences (e.g. kanban board, timeline, etc.).
- Breadcrumbs allows users to navigate to pages and subpages smoothly.
- Keyboard shortcuts – Once you type “/” anywhere in Notion, you can add any block that you want without leaving your keyboard. You can write the whole article (including media and links) without touching your mouse, all thanks to keyboard shortcuts.
Notion has a forever free plan which is pretty much adequate if you are working solo.
If you wish to get some additional features such as unlimited guests and file downloads, then there are two premium plans for you:
- Personal Pro ($4/month)
- Team ($8/month)
Google Calendar needs no introduction, yet, this is one of the most underrated free tools.
It allows you to maintain a color-coded calendar with some advanced settings that you can play with.
For any task scheduled in Google Calendar, you can create unlimited reminders/notifications, schedule recurring tasks (e.g., every tuesday)
You can even locate free time that you can use to achieve a healthy lifestyle (like hitting the gym).
With Google Calendar, you can do much more than organize a sound calendar thanks to tons of addons they tie up with.
This free tool is present on almost every smartphone (at least Android) in this world, yet most of us don’t even bother to look at what’s in there.
- Provides a clean dashboard with calendar and task on the same page, just like Sunsama.
- Hovering through daily, weekly and monthly tasks in a calendar is very useful.
- You can create unlimited calendars for different purposes and then enable or disable them as per your need (e.g., personal, business, academic, etc.).
- Addons like Zoom allow you to schedule meetings directly in the calendar after looking at your free slots.
- Creating a new task – Creating a task and dragging it to your preferred timing is the best way to organize a calendar. While creating tasks, you get a truckload of additional settings to get an exact outcome.
Google Calendar is free to use with no restrictions on any of their features.
8. Clean Email
People spend around 5 hours everyday checking their emails on average,as per one of the studies.
And if you are one of them, then here’s the deal.
Do you like that feeling when you have hundreds if not thousands of unread emails that keep bothering you to open them up?
Clean Email is a superb tool to organize your inbox and keep it clean from unnecessary email flooding.
The best part?
You can automatically keep cleaning emails on your behalf with the help of Auto Clean Rules.
Another very useful feature allows you to distinguish between a mail sent by a human and another one sent by a robot or through automation.
Once you sign up, it will take a few seconds to analyze your emails and then start cleaning all of them with a single click of a button.
- Quick Clean – With the help of this feature, you can quickly delete a lot of emails. It categorizes your emails into Unread Emails, Social Notifications, Misc Notifications, and Emails that are older than 6 months.
- Auto Clean bot – This bot allows you to create rules based on which you can remove or forward emails.
- Privacy Guard – If any type of breach, if found in any emails, Clean Email alerts you with a notification and encourages you to delete those emails.
- Auto Clean – There are many types of rules you can create to organize your inbox. You can, for example, create a rule which says that whenever you receive an email from Facebook, it should directly be marked as read.
Similarly, you can play around with many different rules. Possibilities are limitless. Your imagination is the only limit.
You can clean 1000 emails for free. To clean more than that, you require a premium version of Clean Email.
For a single account, it costs you around $29 per year or around $2.4 per month.
Slack connects your team by creating a wonderful communication medium. Healthy communication is crucial within team members to perform optimally.
This is where Slack helps.
You can chat with any of your group members, call them, or tag them in a group chat.
Attaching files has never been easier than this. You can even react to someone’s message and create a thread, just like Twitter.
Slack also integrates with apps such as Canva, Twitter, Zoom, Asana, etc; to create a better workflow.
- Group video calls – After creating a channel and adding members to it, you can start a group call without any third-party interruptions.
- Communicate with yourself – You can send/schedule messages, attachments, etc. to yourself. This feature helps especially when you need to remind yourself of something.
- Keyboard shortcuts – Just like Notion, Slack has a great deal of keyboard shortcuts. The only difference is that Slack focuses more on the automation part.
- File browser – This feature organizes all your files in one place. So, you can look through all the files that were sent to you or by you since the very beginning.
Slack has a free version with certain limitations. You cannot, for example, send direct messages, view archived files, etc, on the free plan. Also, you get upto file GB of file storage.
Slack offers two premium plans:
- Slack Pro ($6.67/month)
- Slack Business Plus ($12.5/month)
Trello is a tool that specialties in project management. It cannot perform all the general operations that tools like Clickup and Notion do.
But Trello is worth exploring if you are looking for the most basic yet effective project management tool.
You can organize and manage all your projects effortlessly with its features such as automations and power-ups. Kanban board and the drag and drop feature provided by Trello is one of the best.
Also, working with a team is extremely convenient. All you need to do is to add the email id of that member and send them the invitation to join.
- Filtering – You can filter your boards (projects) by label colors, members, dates, matching keywords, etc.
- Appearance – You can change the look and feel of your project board by changing its background colors and so on.
- Power-ups – Trello comes with a bunch of integrative apps from all niches that makes your workflow even smoother.
- Automation – In Trello, you can create automation rules to get work done even when you are sleeping.
Trello has a completely free plan followed by three premium versions, namely Standard, Premium, and Enterprise.
The Standard plan costs $5 per month; Premium plan costs $10 per month, and the Enterprise plan starts at an estimated cost of $17.5 per month for a team of 25 members.
Writer not only enhances but organizes and structures your writing in a well-framed manner.
The free version of Writer comes with many helpful features such as:
- Grammar checking
- Data security
- Spelling suggestions
- Suggesting better alternatives for words/phrases
The best part is when you sign up for the free Writer account, you get access to the premium plan features for the first 30 days.
Some of the premium features include plagiarism checker, writing style configuration, clarity, and delivery.
Also, the cloud server speed of Writer is much faster than other alternatives meaning that the writing suggestions appear much faster and accurate with Writer.
- Smart AI technology to know your writing style better and give suggestions accordingly.
- The lifetime-free plans offering invaluable features to enhance your writing.
- Customizable writing interface within the app.
- Smart snippets feature autofills repeated sentences. You can create your own snippet shortcuts to save time.
- Terminology management feature to save any specific words that you want (e.g. brand terms).
- Blend in with your team effectively with team features.
- Personal and team snippets – By creating custom snippets, you can save a lot of time regarding using sentences with the similar syntax or structure.
Here is the perfect example of the custom snippets:
Let’s say, for example, you use the particular phrase time and again.
In this case, you can use the New Snippet feature to add the following phrase as a shortcode. Then, by using the following snippet, you can use that phrase anytime with the help of a predefined shortcode.
Writer has a forever free plan and it’s premium plan is categorized into two plans:
- Pro ($11/month and suitable for individuals)
- Team ($18/month and suitable for teams)
Crowdcast is the all-in-one webinar and live-streaming software.
In short, it is a single place to organize your webinars, online classes, seminars, and other kinds of live shows.
With Crowdcast, you don’t need any external tools or plugins to capture your audience, send them emails, CTAs, etc.
While apps like Zoom do not master live-streaming functionality, Crowdcast can do just that.
Everything can be easily done within a few clicks of a button inside the dashboard itself.
This means that all you need is the cold audience and Crowdcast will make sure that they convert to be your targeted ones.
- Browser based tool meaning you can access it from any device and from any browser.
- One link system makes it easy for your audience to access everything through a single link.
- Built-in landing pages are a boon for sending upsells or sale mails to your audience.
- With the smart notification system, you can send notification messages to your audience in seconds.
- Multi-streaming facility lets you automatically share your live event to your social followers from all over the internet.
- Advanced analytics helps you better organize and group your target audience with invaluable insights, such as number of engaged participants, gender, demographics, and much more.
Crowdcast provides a 14-day free trial.
The basic premium plan (they call it starter) starts from $20/month when billed annually.
The other premium plans are – Lite, Pro and Business, with their respective prices being $34, $62 and $136 per month during annual billing.
The above 12 tools will help you in organizing your personal as well as professional life. Despite serving different purposes, the above apps will keep you from micromanaging and help keep things in order.
Be it a project, to-do or even your passwords, you will never have to look for your valuables in different places.
Pick the ones that best suit the problems you’re encountering and take back control of your days.