Are you not getting sales despite offering the best products in the market?
Does your website have a high bounce rate?
If your online business is facing any such issues, then it’s time your website needs personalization.
These tools help personalize your user experience based on their behavior within your website.
For example, you want to buy a white sneaker. So, you visit the Amazon website and search for white sneakers.
You see a list of white sneakers offered by different companies.
Next, click on any of the products.
You get more recommended products based on your search when you scroll down.
It was possible because Amazon (or any other eCommerce giant) focuses on personalizing your experience. By recommending similar products, they keep you engaged and hold your attention.
Due to this, their websites’ bounce rate reduces, and sales increase. Who knows, you might have liked one of the recommended products and gone all the way to cashing out.
So, here we will take a look at some of the best website personalization tools and software that will take your online business to the next level.
Here we go!
Why Do You Need Website Personalization Tools?
Now, before knowing which tool to use, let us first try to understand whether you are in need of it or not.
These statistics speak all about why personalization software is vital for your website:
- 90% of marketers say that personalization helps increase business profitability – Google
- 91% of customers prefer shopping again with brands that personalize their experience – Accenture
- 83% of users prefer to share their data to get a personalized shopping experience – Accenture
- 63% of US marketers found an increase in conversion rates due to personalization – Statista
- 31% of them observed an increase in e-commerce revenue – Statista
If you dig deep into these statistics, you will get to know how revenues and profitability are increasing.
Well, website personalization tools help to:
- Understand customers
- Increase website engagement
- Reduce bounce rate
- Nurture leads
- Builds brand positive image, and goodwill
- Gain customers loyalty and retention
- More social sharing and word-of-mouth promotion
Now that you know its importance, let us see some of the best personalization tools available in the market.
Marketing Hub offered by HubSpot, is an all-in-one marketing tool.
Unlike Google Optimize, you get the option to personalize many things on your website. We will be talking about its features soon.
Now, who can use this software?
From small businesses to enterprises, all can use it. It contains all the features that will help attract users and generate leads for your business.
Top brands like Reddit, Monday, Trello, SoundCloud, Frontify, etc trusted Marketing Hub.
If these brands trust the software, imagine the benefit they must be receiving.
Let’s see its features.
- Blog – Create blogs on this platform and publish them with easy edits, and SEO recommendations.
- SEO – Find which topic is trending and can attract users. Create content marketing strategies to engage your readers. You can also analyze your blog ranking in SERP, impressions, clicks, CTR, etc, and optimize it based on the data shown.
- Ads Tracking and Management – Track your ads on any platform like Google, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc. Analyze the data in CRM. Based on that personalize your campaigns that convert leads into potential customers. So, you can manage the ads using only one tool.
- Social Media Management – Manage all your social media platforms from one place. Advance scheduling your posts, managing ads and reporting, and interacting with your customers made easy.
- Video Hosting – Either create or upload video and embed it wherever you want. Also, get the in-depth report of the video performance.
- Live Chat – Convert potential leads into customers. Personalize the chats based on the type of questions the user asks by automating it. Assign the unanswered chats to your team with ease.
- Landing page builder – Create landing pages without any coding with drag-n-drop feature.
- Form builder – Build a form for your website with the drag-n-drop feature.
- Marketing automation – Automate all your marketing activities. Get all the data in one place, plan, personalize, execute, and manage it.
- Email Marketing – Create an email marketing funnel and personalize emails based on the different stages of conversions.
- Lead Tracking and Management – Get integrated data of the leads generated on different platforms. Communicate with the sales team and nurture the leads at different stages.
- Marketing analytics – Get the analytics data of your website visitors and ad campaigns with different metrics.
- Integration – Integrates with software like Salesforce.
- Report – Generate customized reporting for different departments to use.
- 24/7 customer support service.
- Smooth onboarding process.
- Premium training and consultation service.
- Free online certification courses for team training.
- Limited landing page design templates.
- Need more options for custom reporting.
- Limited software integration with Marketing Hub Tool.
- Limited features in the free version.
Trust Radius: 8.6/10
Software Advice: 4.5/5
Get App: 4.5/5
If you are looking for basic features, you can take up the free version.
But if you have a medium or enterprise company, you can go for the paid versions.
I would recommend you to get the demo version first before purchasing it.
The price depends on the plan you pick and the number of marketing contacts you have. When you increase the contacts (as you can see in the image), the price increases accordingly.
People say that ‘Jack of all is the master of none.’
OptinMonster takes it too seriously, and that’s why it chose to become the master of one.
It has all the features that can personalize your brand messages and nurture leads.
- Drag-n-drop the elements to build the forms that convert visitors into subscribers.
- Range of campaign types to select based on your objectives.
- Track users’ behavior and show the right campaign to the right person at the right time.
- Customize the messages based on the various types of targeting options available.
- Quick integration with other tools to automate the lead generation process.
- Get the analytics report on how your campaign is performing.
- Optimize your lead generation strategy based on the data generated.
- Campaigns are easy to set up.
- Very precise and in-depth targeting options.
- 14 days money-back guarantee.
- Variety of templates and customization options.
- Full customer support system.
- OptinMonster plugin for the WordPress websites.
- If you have a WordPress website, then the OptinMonster plugin might make it slow to load. Make sure you buy good hosting.
- You do not get any free trial.
Get App: 4.2/5
Trust Radius: 9.1/10
- Basic – $14/month
- Plus – $30/month
- Pro – $47/month
- Growth – $80/month
If you are a startup, then ‘Basic’ and ‘Plus’ are good to go.
But if you are an enterprise, you would need more advanced features to target and nurture your leads at different stages. In that case, you can buy the ‘Pro’ or ‘Growth’ plan.
Their most popular plan is ‘Pro’.
As per Econsultency, 73% of people prefer live chat. Of those, 79% say they prefer it because they get their questions answered.
So, if you are searching for software to personalize the live chat messages, then Live Chat is the go-to tool. It is an omnichannel messaging platform.
Live Chat understands user behavior and automates the communication process. It also helps generate more leads and converts them into potential customers.
Well-known marketer, Neil Patel says that he helped one of his clients increase their conversion rate by 45% using the Live Chat.
Ecommerce, IT, education, and finance are the industries Live Chat has served.
The leading brands that trust the software are McDonalds’, Adobe, PayPal, Unilever, Mercedes-Benz, etc.
- Chat tools – Access to a wide range of tools like predraft responses, conversation tracking of different social platforms, CTA button, carousel and cards option, file sharing, and many more.
- ChatBots – Automate the chat for repeated questions. Personalize the messages with ease.
- Chat widget customization – Customize the chat card, profile, language, etc., for increased engagement.
- Reports and Analytics – Track the total chats answered, unanswered, in queue queries, chat ratings, post-chat surveys, engagement, sales, etc.
- Security – Claims of no data breach. All the personal data will be secure and extra protected with 2 step verification by Google.
- Integration – Integrates with 200+ tools.
- Instant notifications for quick response.
- Find past conversations with any user.
- Transfer chats among the team to handle the busy hours.
- Single tool to manage all the chats from different platforms.
- AI studies the queries and assigns the chat to the required department to answer them.
- 14 days free trial.
- At times, when you open a new tab, you might lose the ongoing conversation.
Get App: 4.6/5
Trust Radius: 8.8/10
|Enterprise||Contact LiveChat Team|
As you go through purchasing higher plans, you will unlock more features.
So, based on your company size and requirements, choose the perfect plan.
Here comes another all-in-one software to improve the digital experience of your customers.
Dynamic Yield claims to create a personalized customer experience by optimizing and synchronizing the strategies.
They are perfect for B2B and B2C eCommerce, financial services, gaming, media, and travel brands. So, if your brand comes under one of them, you can trust this software.
Many leading brands like IKEA, Hyundai Autoever, Sephora, Mumzworld, etc trusted it.
Dynamic Yield can improve your sales and revenue with its exceptional features.
- Collect and manage customer data.
- Based on data, it personalizes and targets customers.
- Get product recommendation features vital to eCommerce business to increase conversions.
- A/B testing and optimization of the website.
- Set behavioral messaging and instant notification for the users.
- Create personalized emails for different lead stages.
- Bring a personalized buying experience to your app.
- Integrates with a wide range of software.
- Free learning resource on how to improve the user experience.
- Guide to using the software.
- Easy to use platform.
- Bring the personalized experience to your users across different platforms from one software.
- Create your own template for the campaign.
- You can’t pause the campaign running.
- No free trial. You only get to see the demo video.
Trust Radius: 8.8/10
Dynamic Yield does not reveal its pricing plans. You need to contact their sales team for further details.
Still, there is a demo video that you can watch and have an idea of the software.
Google Optimize is a free website personalization tool. Small to medium-sized businesses can use it to optimize their website user experience.
It is well known as a split-testing tool. Marketers prefer most to perform A/B testing, by which they run various experiments on their website.
They get to know which combination is working best for their business. It leads to creating an engaging experience for their customers.
- A/B testing – To test which variation of the same webpage is more engaging.
- Multivariate testing – To test with the elements of a webpage. For example, which color of the CTA button is bringing more clicks, content variation, placements of certain elements, etc.
- Split URL testing – To test very different pages. You can use it for testing which landing page design is working best and giving you more conversions.
- Server-side experiments – You can create your own variants and test them through coding.
- Run up to 100 experiments at a time.
- Set or create your custom objectives.
- Easy and quick editing.
- Get the report of your experiment.
- Analyze and interpret analytics data.
- Launch the winning version from the tool itself.
- Integrates with other tools like Google Analytics, Google Ads, etc.
- Limit the code length if you want to create your own experiment.
- No customer supports. You need to check the community forums, google blogs, etc., to overcome any problem you face with the tool.
- You cannot upload images for the test.
- No heatmap to analyze the webpage in-depth.
- The audience targeting feature of Google Analytics is not available for use in experiments.
Trust Radius: 7.8/10
Google Optimize is free to use for small to medium-sized businesses.
But if you are an enterprise, you would need some extra features available in Google Optimize 360.
Google Optimize 360 is an upgraded version of Google Optimize and is a paid tool.
Qubit is another AI-powered personalization software for eCommerce.
If you want your eCommerce to be more intelligent and personal, Qubit is the solution.
Integrate their software with your system and create an amazing personal experience for each user.
With the AI-powered tool, you get smart recommendations and in-depth analytics of how your website is performing.
So far, they have served the following industries:
- Beauty and Cosmetics
- Travel and Tourism
- Health and Nutrition
- Fast Food
- Home and Garden
- Online Betting
Brands like MAC, Radisson Hotel Group, River Island, Clinique, etc trust Qubit software.
- Product recommendations using deep learning.
- Personalized product badging for more engagement.
- Social proofing to increase conversion.
- Email and onsite-based abandonment recovery.
- Mobile app and website personalization.
- A/B testing for improved website and app version.
- Deep data collection.
- Technology integration.
- Offers every service an eCommerce needs to improve its user experience.
- Analytics with deep learning technology.
- Track users’ behavior.
- 1:1 personalization experience and not as a segment.
- Easy to use and understand.
- A free resource library to grow your business.
- No free trial option is available.
- Not so good at multivariate testing.
- At times the type of test or experiment can increase your page load time.
Trust Radius: 7/10
Qubit has not revealed its pricing plans.
You need to talk to their team to book a demo and know the pricing details.
Proof is essentially a social proof tool.
If your goal is to study your visitors, traffic source, last visit, type of action, etc., then Proof is the best tool to integrate with your website.
You can analyze the leads, personalize the content, and convert them into potential customers.
Top brands like Oprah&Deepak, Speedo, Harry’s, etc., trusted it.
Proof is perfect for founders and entrepreneurs, marketing directors, and marketing agencies.
You are one of them!
- Custom settings for the campaigns like time, position, and display rules.
- Get analytics of the leads and sales.
- Run A/B testing to personalize the content and the site design.
- Send leads from your CMS through Zapier.
- Integrates with websites and landing pages.
- Easy to set up by pasting the code generated by the software into your website header.
- In-depth analytics of the visitors and their actions within the website.
- Free resources and academy to learn about website personalization.
- Zapier is a must to automate the lead-nurturing process. So, it is an extra expense even if you do not want it.
- Pricing is based on the monthly traffic of your website.
Get App: 4.6/5
Software Advice: 4.5/5
They offer a 14-day free trial of the software.
After that, you can buy the software if you like it on a monthly or annual basis.
They charge you based on the number of monthly traffic to your website. You get more features as you buy higher plans.
Regarding personalizing email marketing, how can we forget Mailchimp!
Mailchimp carries expertise in sending customized emails based on the lead stage.
They help you segment the audience, draft a personalized message, and hit the inbox at the right time.
So, if you are searching for a tool for email personalization only, Mailchimp should be on your list.
- Select from a range of email templates and customize them as per your brand.
- Get content-optimizing suggestions for more engaging emails.
- Automate the emails based on the lead funnel stages.
- Get analytics like how many read or unread your brand emails, CTR, reports, sales, etc.
- Create Mailchimp surveys to better know your customers.
- Easy integration with other email marketing tools.
- Use a mobile app for quick access and management.
- A/B testing of the email.
- Send up to 2,000 emails for free.
- Use pre-designed email templates or create your own with easy drag-n-drop features or coding (if you know).
- Full customer support service.
- Pre-scheduling the emails.
- Automate the email marketing based on the users’ time zone.
- Data collection and segmenting automation can be improved.
- Need for more flexible template designs.
Get App: 4.5/5
Trust Radius: 8.2/10
Here are the initial pricing plans of Mailchimp:
They charge you based on the number of contacts you have. More contacts, higher the price.
Mailchimp recommends buying the ‘Standard’ plan. But it is you who know your requirements better.
Apart from emails, you can also create landing pages and websites using this tool.
As you move up in the pricing plans, you get the extra benefits.
Another best tool for eCommerce businesses is Optimizely.
You can personalize the website service and content based on user behavior.
In short, Optimizly will help you improve your website’s digital experience for your visitors.
9k+ brands and millions of satisfied customers trust it. Some of them are eBay, Dolby, Pizza Hut, etc.
Optimizely offers three products in a package.
- Content – For content optimization, media and project management, content strategy formation, workflow, and layout designing.
- Commerce – Catalog management, product information management, social proofing, targeting, customer-centric pricing, and running multisite shop.
- Optimization – Optimize every interaction using AI, like recommendations, abandonment reduction, emails, A/B testing, data analytics, and feature management.
- Simple to use.
- Easy setup.
- Advanced A/B testing features.
- Optimize website without the help of developers.
- Customer support service.
- As per the users, the price is high compared to the other tools in the market. But they also say that the spending was worth it. Still, it proves to be expensive for small businesses and startups.
- Optimizely, a snippet might increase page loading time. It is not good from the SEO point of view.
- No free trial option.
Trust Radius: 7.5/10
You need to contact their team to know the pricing plans.
But I did some research and came up with an estimated cost for you.
Optimizely charge you based on your needs and the features you want.
The following sites claim the following rough cost:
So you can take around $40,000 – $50,000 per year as an average. Again, I would remind you that the price depends on your need and some other factors like website traffic. So, the higher the traffic, the higher the cost.
Still, contact their team and know the pricing.
We have a competitor of Google Optimize and Optimizely on our list.
VWO places itself as an experimenting platform. They carry expertise in A/B testing on websites, products, and apps.
Brands like eCommerce, finance, technology, and media can use this tool for website personalization.
With a wide variety of features, top brands like Ubisoft, The Atlantic, etc., trust the VWO software.
- Create A/B testing for anything in the website or app.
- In-depth analytics of the test, such as successful and lagging elements.
- Quick launching of experiments.
- Select among the variety of tests suitable to your objectives.
- Manage experiments pipeline with ease.
- Analyze the running experiment with a heatmap.
- 24/7 support system.
- Least impact on website loading speed.
- Availability of heatmap analytics.
- Follow industry standards.
- Free trial available.
- Can be pricy for small businesses.
Trust Radius: 8.3/10
They offer three pricing plans:
But to know the price, you need to connect with their team.
Here are what other websites say about VWO pricing:
Want an omnichannel marketing solution for your business?
Yusp is another best tool you should consider.
With deep learning, they create a personalized digital experience for your visitors. It helps turn them into potential customers and increase your sales.
To date, they have served industries like retail, eCommerce, and news.
Brands like Disney+ Hotstar trust this software.
When Disney can, so can you!
- On-site personalization – Engaging and personalized content, pop-ups, and dynamic content blocks.
- Recommendations – Get personalized recommendations based on past behaviors with deep learning.
- Marketing channels – Personalized emails and messages, push notifications, and ads.
- Personalized search – Improve the search experience within the site by recommending the products based on past searches and behavior.
- Wide range of services under one roof.
- Flexible technology that integrates with your website.
- Full customer support.
- It follows industry standards.
- Strong security.
- No free trial.
Get App: 4.2/5
You need to book a call with the team to know the price.
12. Twilio Segment
For your marketing team, Segment offers the best tool to understand customers.
Personalize every interaction with Twilio Segment software.
Segment collects data on users’ behavior across the website and other platforms. Then the marketing team uses it to personalize the content and campaigns to improve the experience.
From small businesses to enterprises, anyone can use Segment to increase their sales.
Brands like IBM, DigitalOcean, Domino’s, Levi’s, etc., trust Segment.
- Create email marketing campaigns.
- Get the in-depth analytics of every touchpoint.
- Use consistent data to target the audience across different channels.
- Integrates with a good deal of software.
- Real-time data collection.
- Integrates with 300+ marketing tools.
- Collecting all the data in one place makes data management easy.
- Customize customer data pipeline.
- Follow industry standards.
- Free trial available.
- Few features as compared to the competitors.
- Limited features in the free version. You have to move to a ‘Business’ plan if you are an enterprise.
Trust Radius: 9.1/10
Following are the pricing plans of Segment:
- Free – $0/month
- Team – $120/month (14 days free trial)
- Business – Request for a demo.
So, these are the 12 best website personalization tools.
There are many things that you can personalize on your website. It can be live chat, product recommendations, email marketing, ad campaigns, content, etc.
Select the tools as per your brand requirements.
Many brands keep personalization as their topmost priority in improving the users’ experience on their platform.
Many exemplary brands are setting the bar for creating the best user experience. Examples, YouTube, Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, HotStar, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Google News, App Store, Coursera, etc.
If you want to be among them, then gear up!
Personalization is the game-changer in the coming days. With this, your customer base, brand loyalty, sales, and profitability are going to increase.
Now that you know the secret, go and smack it!