In the past few years, online schooling has completely transformed the idea of education.
Did you know that online education is less costly, more effective, and takes less time than traditional education?
That describes why more and more people are deciding to learn online. Nothing beats taking control of your college life and learning at your own pace. There is no better or easier and efficient way to do this than enrolling in online classes.
We recommend reading: Know These Tips Before You Start Selling Products Online.
Benefits of an Online Course
- Online classes put you in touch with the rest of the world.
- Online Course Platforms encourage lifelong learning.
- There are financial advantages of getting admitted into online courses.
- It is more convenient for anyone to take online courses.
- Classes offered through the internet have a great deal of accessibility.
- These platforms allow you to learn from the comfort of your own home.
- Online classes have more personalized attention.
- Learning online allows you to meet new people.
- Online classes provide you with practical skills.
We did the research for you and created this list containing some of the most powerful, easy to use and scalable online course platforms and software.
We found Podia to be the best course builder and learning management software.
If you want a quick and simple course builder, Podia is a great pick. It also offers more customization and features than any other tool on this list.
Podia is another easy-to-use website with over 50,000 users who build, host, and sell their lessons or courses online.
There are no processing costs, and your course website will be up and running in no time, thanks to the podia quick three-step process.
- You can host an infinite number of files and videos with Podia and provide payment options, upsells, quizzes, drip material, and student feedback.
- Starting a package with unlimited plans, posts, and files would allow you to earn recurring revenue.
- Through the Zoom and YouTube Live integrations, you can charge for one-on-one coaching sessions or one-to-many webinars.
- For your brand, you will receive a magnificent, stylish and innovative website. You can even carry your custom URL or use a Podia subdomain.
- Broadcasts and campaigns are some of the built-in features.
- You will close deals with site users and communicate with logged-in customers using an on-page chat widget.
Podia Pricing Details
- Mover ($39/mo): Requires no processing costs, allows up to 5k monthly email subscribers, and allows you to select new teammates for $20/mo each.
- Shaker ($79/mo): It has no processing costs, allows up to 15k monthly email subscribers; allows you to add new teammates for $20/mo each, and supports affiliate marketing.
- Earthquaker ($179/mo): This Pro Plan comes with an excellent account manager, personalized onboarding calls with certain students to help clarify their doubts, and the ability to send email updates to up to 50k people each month.
Teachable is simple to use, and it’s convenient to upload videos and build landing pages for your courses.
Their website builder enables drag-and-drop, with plenty of opportunities for blogging and extending the page beyond the courses.
There are also several plugins and solutions for connecting widely used emailing software/pixels easily.
- It has a storefront and sales sites that have been optimized.
- On their pro plan, it facilitates Live Zoom courses.
- International payment plans are available in more than 130 currencies.
- One of the standout features is their graded quizzes.
- It offers personalized course completion certificates.
- Teachable also allows you to customize the look of your website.
- On their pro plan, you can have up to 5 user accounts.
- Anything is limitless in Teachable, including bandwidth, teachers, workshops, and coaching facilities.
- The Basic Plan ($29/month) includes 5% processing costs, two admin users, drip materials, a course designer, and access to the members-only Group.
- Basic functionality with no processing costs, five admin users, advanced reviews, and course certificates on the Pro Plan ($99/month).
- Pro features, including specialized coding customizations, 20 admins, bulk student enrollments, and squad coaching calls, are included in the Business Plan ($249/month).
Thinkific is the perfect website for selling online courses.
It’s a great recommendation because the price is comparable to the other low-cost options on this list, and you will get a high-quality course experience with Thinkific.
- The student dashboards are attractive and adjustable.
- You have the option of sending the entire course all at once or drip-feeding it over time.
- Features such as marketing automation and email marketing are there.
- To get started, you can begin with a simple free plan.
- You have complete control over the code of your course site.
- Provides exclusive Domains, only for you.
- Aids in affiliate promotions and documentation.
- Unlimited courses and students’ drip (scheduled) materials, a personalized domain, email integrations, and coupons are included in the basic ($49/month) plan.
- Basic services and memberships and packs, private workshops, credentials, advanced HTML and CSS editing, projects, live Zoom tutorials, and priority assistance for $99 a month.
- Premier ($499/month) adds 50-course administrators, an onboarding kit, and an unlimited development package to the Pro package (best for big teams).
Kajabi offers busy course designers advertising powers.
With its marketing templates, known as Pipelines, you can easily build a complete marketing funnel – landing pages, opt-in emails, and course checkout forms in just a few minutes.
Features of Kajabi
- Allows you to create attractive pages without having to know how to code.
- Using their site builder, you can make as many pages as you like for your static blog.
- Kajabi has a cool feature with which you can add live events to your site.
- Customer service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- The platform’s standout feature is its built-in email marketing solution.
- Templates and themes that have been expertly crafted.
- The basic plan for Kajabi starts at $119 a month.
- The Growth package costs $159 a month and is paid once a year.
- Before you decide, you can check out the platform for 14 days for free.
MemberPress is the most used WordPress LMS plugin and the simplest way to create/build online courses. It is built on the WordPress platform, used by over 39% of all websites on the internet.
It has an extension for online courses that simplifies building, administering, and selling online courses. Their drag-and-drop course layout is very user-friendly.
MemberPress has a virtual classroom feature that handles styling and is compatible with all WordPress themes.
- Even for beginners, MemberPress is incredibly simple to use. It does not need any coding knowledge to use.
- The visual course designer makes it simple for educators to design classes.
- With the classroom mode, students can have a smoother learning environment.
- All of the powerful membership functions, including the ability to drip course material, offer party memberships, and more.
- You can set your course rates, charge upfront vs. monthly fees, and have different pricing choices for your online school.
For a single website registration, it starts at $149 per year (no monthly fee).
Teachery is one of the most recent platforms, and it is well worth mentioning.
This is a perfect option for beginners because the style and feature elements are purposefully limited to give people just what they need.
Furthermore, they do not charge processing fees, which is always a plus.
- They provide you with two templates to use when creating a course. This is to save you from being overwhelmed and to provide you with a clear answer.
- They have a very user-friendly course editor that allows you to make fast changes without any technical issues.
- Allows you to enter a payment agreement or membership option for your students quickly and conveniently.
- Allows you to quickly and efficiently build new sales or landing pages to drive traffic.
Teachery’s subscription plans begin at $49/mo and include free uploads and courses. You can sign up for a free two-week trial before making any purchases.
LearnDash is a WordPress plugin that gives you everything you need to sell courses on your website.
If you already have a WordPress account or are familiar with using the CMS to create websites, it’s best to create your online courses here.
Learndash allows you to set up your online company with all of the functionality of an LMS.
Features of LearnDash
- Gain full power over the team members and track their results.
- Make use of the most up-to-date technology, applications, and media on your website with ease.
- Using WordPress’ features, you can build your own branded learning platform.
- Courses can be sold using a variety of payment systems.
- Create a course marketplace similar to Udemy where people can purchase licenses in bulk.
LearnDash provides three paid options, with the Basic package beginning at $199 a year. The features are the same with all plans. The variation is the number of sites on which the certificate can be used. The Basic plan only requires you to use it on one platform, while the other options encourage you to use it up to 25.
Kartra is a unique option since it isn’t limited to courses.
You have so much flexibility at your fingertips with Kartra, including checkouts, subscription sites, and the opportunity to run your affiliate network.
Features of Kartra
- Kartra helps consumers sign out with their apps, obviating the need for third-party integration.
- This feature allows users to quickly create high-converting landing pages, boosting the ability to gather emails and get customers to act.
- The ability to run multiple funnels and promotions is incredibly beneficial because it allows you to monitor consumers’ direction to turn them into learners.
- You will go well beyond one or two courses with this all-in-one platform. You can use them to build a membership site.
Kartra is $99 a month on the most basic plan. They focus their prices on the actions that people do on your website, which is convenient because you pay for the outcomes you get.
Certain people lack the technological know-how to transfer all of their learning services to the internet due to some circumstances.
Ruzuku, on the other hand, simplifies the process of setting up and launching online courses so you can focus on the big picture.
Features of Ruzuku
- In an easy and efficient dashboard, you can launch and control all of your classes.
- Use videos, PDFs, email, and other media to bring your course to life on the web.
- Please keep track of each student’s success and inspire them to form bonds with one another.
- Use the Stripe or PayPal accounts to accept payments (one-time or recurring).
- To get the best out of your course, you’ll need outstanding customer service.
All three payment plans have 0% processing fees, accept PayPal and Stripe payments, and encourage you to send customers a discount coupon. Unlimited webinars, polls, and quizzes are included in higher-level plans, as well as a variety of payment choices.
10. Academy of Mine
The Academy of Mine is a platform devoted to developing internal training materials for businesses.
It can offer the most innovative functionality that satisfies the demands of B2B firms, and it is the most stable on the list.
Features of Academy of Mine
- Create self-paced courses with the help of images, HTML, SCORM, TinCan, and other technologies.
- Set up live webinars with students to move the conversation forward.
- With its Group Onboarding functionality, you can sell courses to businesses and assign modules to their members.
- Integrate various formats to provide classes to your students in a streamlined manner.
- Custom resources provided by the company’s in-house staff will help you in developing your course.
Academy of Mine Pricing
The Academy of Mine offers users everything they could choose from an online learning site for $9,997 a year. You’ll even get 15 hours of training and support from the company when you buy. This will help you get familiar with its unique features so you can get the most out of it.
11. Zippy Courses
Zippy Courses is a series of tools intended to aid you in easily creating, launching, teaching, and selling your online course.
This program fills the void between course design tools designed for course creation and course marketing and sales tools optimized for course marketing and sales.
You will ease the whole process of creating and selling your online course with this standalone course-building platform.
You can also adapt your branding to your course materials and sales websites.
Features of Zippy Courses
- Allows you to distribute instructional materials in phases.
- Using’ evergreen’ classes, you can enroll more students.
- It enables you to offer several iterations of a single course.
- You will easily adapt your course to your current brand.
Zippy Courses Pricing
Plans with Zippy Courses start at $99 a month and have access to unlimited free and paid courses. There seem to be no transaction charges, and a 30-day money-back guarantee is included.
WizIQ can be used as a website for online live lessons and an LMS for selling online courses.
This is an excellent forum for teachers who wish to share their knowledge with others, regardless of location.
Features of WizIQ
- Start creating tests in a variety of formats and bring the students to the test – effectively!
- Keep track of student and course or class results and search for ways that you can improve.
- Its NextGen app allows you to run and evaluate your online classes and courses.
- Through its smartphone learning program, you can take your class with you everywhere you go.
You can choose your best suited from the two options. Both provide basic features, including automatic payment gateways, a chat platform, conditional content entry, and so on.
LearnWorlds is among the few LMS software that lets you make entertaining videos to aid in student learning. In the recordings, you can include transcripts and conversations.
This makes them easy to grasp for students who are hard of hearing and have low attention spans.
Features of LearnWorlds
- This platform’s most innovative aspect is the freedom to allow your students to engage with the content you create.
- Quick-start models that are fully customizable to help you in creating wonderful sites.
- LearnWorlds provides customer service in a variety of languages.
- Quizzes, exams, assignments, and more for advanced students.
- You and your students will be able to interact quickly and engage with one another.
LearnWorlds offers a free plan to get you started. Plans start at $29 a month if you decide this is the network for you. Plans have a range of features, such as drip-feeding classes, which you can quickly customize as your business expands.
Online teaching and studying is the way to go in today’s world. Much better, each site appeals to people with various interests and requirements.
Because of the vast range of online classes available, there is enough choice for everybody.
Thanks to the wide range of online courses, and learning resources available, there is something for everybody to learn.
Based on the above reasons, determine which approach/course platform can help you sell courses or develop new skills to advance your career as a course instructor more effectively.