Chatbots are one of the latest trends in technology, but what exactly are they? A chatbot is a computer program that is designed to simulate human conversation.
Chatbots are designed to automate one of the most basic human tasks — chatting with other people.
Chatbots are typically used in combination with other internet applications, such as instant messaging, to increase customer satisfaction.
A chatbot can answer customers’ questions, usually in a way that simulates how a human customer service representative would respond.
As the world moves more and more to the Internet for everyday communication needs, chatbots are a way to replace the apps that have traditionally been used for these tasks.
Why do you need a chatbot?
While chatbots may have been invented in the 1960s, they have only become mainstream in the last decade.
In their early days, chatbots were basically just computer programs that could simulate conversations with human beings but were so slow and awkward that people were put off using them.
As computers have become more powerful, chatbots have started to become more useful and realistic. Today, chatbots can have entire conversations with people and make them feel like they’re talking to another human being, not a computer program.
This means that chatbots have finally become realistic enough to be useful.
Chatbots can be used to automate marketing, sales, and support on a website. They can be a great way to increase your traffic and automate tedious tasks.
Chatbots can be really useful, particularly for small businesses.
While most of us are familiar with Facebook’s customer service chatbot, You can use other chatbots on the market to provide support on websites, webinars, schedule meetings, handle customer service, and more.
Here, we’ve compiled a list of the 9 best chatbots available for small business use.
How did I choose these chatbots?
To find the best available Chatbots, I decided to take suggestions from small businesses already using Chatbots to automate their business.
I ran several polls among the business groups I’m a part of and let people add and vote for small businesses’ best available Chatbot platforms.
Here, I’ve compiled a list of the 10 best chatbots available for small businesses.
ChatBot is one of the top-rated AI chatbot platforms for automating your customer service. It is an easy-to-use platform with a visual builder that allows you to build chatbots without technical knowledge.
ChatBot isn’t aiming just to be the first line of support for your customer, it is built to empower your business by turning every conversation into sales. You can employ ChatBot at every step of your buyers’ journey to create delightful interactions with your customers.
Not only this, Chatbot can be integrated with your business’ internal workflow to automate repetitive tasks, scale your efforts, and boost customer experience.
- ChatBot works 24/7. In case it cannot handle a query (seldomly), it easily transfers the customer to a human agent.
- Ready to use AI templates for various use cases, such as customer service, lead generation, recruitment, e-commerce discounts, package tracking, and so on.
- It has drag-and-drop conversation elements which can be tested in real-time. Allows A/B testing to verify the best-performing responses.
- Gathers information about potential customers through conversations, segment leads, and sends the data to CRM software.
- Integrates with LiveChat, Facebook Messenger, WordPress, Slack, Zapier, Freshdesk, and other tools.
- Offers reports to track, analyze, and optimize your chatbots’ performance.
- ChatBot can be expensive and limiting for small businesses.
ChatBot comes with a 14-day free trial without asking for your credit card details.
It offers a range of pricing options for businesses of all sizes. Its Starter plan, suitable for small companies, starts at $50 per month for one active chatbot.
The Team plan at $149 per month for five active chatbots and the Business plan at $499 offers unlimited active chatbots. It also has a custom plan option for Fortune 500 companies.
Landbot is an easy-to-use platform that automates the process of bot creation with pre-built chatbot templates for any scenario.
Landbot provides you with the tools to create frictionless, engaging, and overall memorable customer experiences.
It automates your conversational strategies, allowing you to answer customers’ questions in real-time and increase customer interaction and sales.
- Landbot is perfect for beginners that don’t have coding skills as well as experienced users.
- Offers Multi-Channel Experiences as you can set up the chatbot on any messaging app using API, such as WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, etc.
- Offers native integrations with Slack, Google Sheets, Mailchimp, Zapier, and many others.
- User-friendly and easy-to-use UI allows users to build chatbots in a matter of seconds.
- Landbot’s learning curve is a little steep and takes a little trial and error to figure out what works best.
- It does not currently support multiple languages and is only available in English.
Landbot offers three different pricing plans based on your level of usage, as well as a free plan that offers everything you need to get started. Starting at 30€/mo, the Starter plan lets you grow, customize & integrate.
However, If you want a custom pricing plan tailored to your usage, you can choose the Business plan for maximum business value.
TARS Chatbot can act as your first line of defense, answering repetitive questions so you can focus on the important issues. With 1000+ templates to choose from, you get a diverse library of pre-built chatbot templates.
It lets you publish your chatbot either as a website widget, as a standalone page, or on WhatsApp.
TARS is a great tool for optimizing conversion funnels, automating customer service interactions, and transforming the customer experience.
- TARS comes with a drag-and-drop builder and over 1000+ pre-built chatbot templates to choose from.
- Provide conversion data analytics that you can review in the dashboard.
- Chatbot supports Technical Integration and Payment Integration.
- Offer over 1,000 integrations for moving data to your CRM/Database.
- The learning curve is a bit steep since there is no proper documentation regarding the onboarding process.
There are four plans to choose from depending on the number of chatbots and the level of features you need. TARS for Early Stage Startups start at $99/month and go up to $899/month for the Premium plan.
The Enterprise plan gives you complete access to the platform with the ability to create over 10+ chatbots with a custom pricing plan.
Driftbot allows you to offer customized messages and create a personalized experience for every visitor, resulting in more quality leads and increased sales.
With Driftbot you can engage website visitors quickly and efficiently with specific messages and interactions tailored to each person and every page.
Driftbot goes beyond the basics of other chatbots and lets you customize your messages and landing pages, schedule a meeting with sales, and even share content that resonates with your customers.
It’s the perfect solution for you to create a sales-ready series of automated, personalized messages that consistently cover all your customer’s needs.
- Drift has an API that allows you to create apps, manipulate the chat widget, and integrate with your platform.
- Chat widget enables customers to experience a seamless experience on both mobile and desktop platforms.
- In-app messaging allows you to target your customers with full-page takeovers and slider messages.
- It has an open development platform to build with Drift and offers dozens of native integrations.
- Their mobile app is available for iOS and Android devices.
- Drift offers a free plan if you want to see how it works. However, the free plan doesn’t include any noteworthy features.
There are four available options: Free, Standard, Premium, and Enterprise. The Standard package starts at $40 while the Enterprise package costs $1,500 per month.
Frase offers a conversational AI-enabled content optimization and insight platform that gives business owners the tools to make sure prospects never leave their websites until they find what they want.
By tapping the power of machine learning and natural language processing, Frase can help your business automate a lot of the work involved in the customer interaction process, all without the need for human intervention.
- Frase AI-powered chatbot provides a great way to engage and convert potential customers.
- It has an easy-to-use interface and offers an enjoyable user experience.
- Eliminates live support costs and burdens while enhancing the customer experience.
- An AI-powered chatbot can answer questions, convert qualified leads, and minimize support cases on your site.
- Frase’s user interface can be challenging and confusing at times.
- Frase has a steep learning curve that can be overwhelming at first but gets easier as time goes on.
You can sign up for a free plan with free access every month and a usage cap, while premium plans start at $39.99/mo and go up to $199.99/mo.
If you want to capture leads, you need to engage visitors, interact with customers, and keep your sales team running smoothly, but that sounds a lot of work.
Thankfully, you can solve this problem by automating your customer interaction Continually.
Continually is a user-friendly and wallet-friendly platform that offers Chatbots to reply to customers and generate more leads automatically.
- Continually features an intuitive, drag-and-drop bot building interface that allows you to build powerful bots without any coding knowledge.
- Allows you to chat live with visitors so you can answer customer questions, form relationships, and increase conversion.
- Offers quite a few integrations, including a LiveChat integration, Zapier integration, MailChimp integration, Webhooks, etc.
- Continually does not provide an omnichannel experience as it only supports only one channel, and that is the website widget.
- Does not provide any integration with e-commerce platforms.
Continually offers paid plans as well as a free plan.
The free plan gives you limited access but is enough to give you an idea of what you can do.
The Starter plan offers many benefits at the price of $25/month, while the Professional plan starts at $66/month and is a great fit for small businesses.
The Enterprise plan is great for market automation and revenue generation, starting at $132/mo and going depending on how many page views you get.
Social media automation is great. They allow you to drive traffic, grow your audience and increase your engagement.
Millions of businesses worldwide actively use ManyChat to automate their Facebook Messenger Experience for their Facebook pages.
Businesses can currently create full automation sequences and communicate with their customers directly through SMS or Email using ManyChat.
- The user interface is very straightforward, and everything from UX to onboarding is very straightforward and easy to do.
- Google sheet integration allows you to import or export data, allowing you to store data externally.
- The drag-and-drop interface lets you customize your chatbot with hundreds of themes based on your business and requirements.
- Offers multiple native integrations that work seamlessly with tools you already use, including Shopify, MailChimp, HubSpot, ConvertKit, Zapier, and more.
- If you’re new to the platform, there may be a small learning curve.
- ManyChat lacks an iOS or Android app.
ManyChat has a very simple approach: there is a free version and a paid version.
The free plan remains free forever and lets you engage up to a thousand contacts, while the Pro Plan starts at $10/month, and the price goes up as the number of contacts increase.
The Business plan provides a customized pricing plan tailored to your business and its needs.
ActiveChat is a visual chatbot builder that allows you to create chatbots for your business, website, or app.
ActiveChat is incredibly easy to use and allows you to build a chatbot without having to code, and is compatible with platforms like Facebook Messenger, Telegram, etc.
It is ideal for service providers, SaaS, and e-commerce platforms.
Their intuitive visual chatbot platform can relieve the pressure from your sales and support teams.
- ActiveChat lets you build chatbots to automate repetitive customer service conversations and boost your team’s productivity.
- Integrates with Google Sheets and Calendars, WooCommerce or Shopify stores, and more.
- It lets you use their native website chat to start your conversations where you’d like with your customers – on Facebook Messenger, SMS, Telegram, or email.
- Visual bot builder lets you build complicated bots really easily without getting lost in the details.
- ActiveChat’s initial onboarding can be challenging, and understanding how to get started can take some time.
- UI can be a little difficult to navigate and learn the workflow can take a little while.
ActiveChat has a simple pricing plan with the Team Plan starting at $49/month and the Company Plan starting at $1690/month. There is also a 14-day free trial you can try.
Userbot.ai is an AI-powered chatbot platform based on NLP that automates the way you interact with your customers, whether it’s on your website, Facebook Messenger, Slack, or Twitter.
It is good at answering questions and can make customers feel at home by helping them find the information they need.
Their platform can identify the most important information from any conversation and use it to serve the customer better.
- Userbot has a user-friendly interface making it easier to create chatbots, so you don’t need any technical expertise to get started with it.
- Features an easy-to-use visual flow builder as well as a native website widget.
- It is built on Natural Language Learning, making it capable of learning from previous conversations and interactions.
- With a chatbot for Facebook, website, and more, Userbot gives you the power to reach customers everywhere.
- Userbot does not allow you to review all the users that interacted with your chatbot.
- It is not possible to use conditions in messages or create a chatbot in multiple languages.
Userbot offers several different pricing plans that range from €29 per month for the Lite plan to €49 per month for the Pro Plan.
Users can also sign up for a free plan that stays free forever, but it comes with limited functionality, while Enterprise plans allow you to go all out with custom pricing.
With Octane AI, you can deliver a personalized eCommerce experience to your customers that will make them come back again and again.
You can interact with your customers one-on-one, send them shipping notifications, and more using Octane’s chatbots.
It makes it easy to personalize and grow your business with its all-in-one platform for Facebook Messenger and SMS Marketing.
In addition to detailed conversion & engagement analytics, it lets you see who your customers are and know their buyer profile against things such as conversion rates, revenue, etc.
- Octane allows you to grow your marketing lists faster with customizable opt-in tools and collect customer insights with engaging quizzes.
- Offers a good amount of integrations such as Shopify, Zapier, Klaviyo, Facebook Ads, etc.
- It is specially built for eCommerce and has built-in eCommerce-specific flows for any Messenger platform, including Abandon cart, Browse Abandonment, etc.
- It offers an easy-to-use interface that makes it simple for you to set up your first Facebook Messenger bot.
- Octane AI does not have a mobile application, so you cannot monitor analytics or conversations while you’re on the move.
- Is a bit more expensive than most competing chatbots out there in the market.
Octane AI offers a free 14-day trial period. However, there is no free plan available.
The Starter plan allows you to engage with up to 250 contacts monthly at the price of $29/mo.
There are also Pro and Advanced plans that come in at $199/mo and $499/mo, respectively, and provide you with the ability to engage up to 1700 and 5000 monthly contacts. The Enterprise plan is available for high-end users and offers a custom pricing plan.
A chatbot is a useful tool for companies that want to boost customer retention, attract new customers, and improve overall customer service.
There is no doubt that chatbots can be a valuable and efficient customer care tool. It’s simple to see the benefits they offer.
They can save businesses a lot of time and energy while keeping customers satisfied and happy.
Every day, more and more businesses consider implementing chatbots into their marketing mix, whether it’s for customer service or to alleviate some other burden.
If we were to list out all the departments where you could put chatbots to use, we would probably need days, if not weeks, to complete the list.