Founded in 2009, Unbounce is a software company based in Canada. It was started by Rick Perreault with five other professionals as a global digital marketing solution.
The company is also responsible for hosting Call to Action (CTA) conferences for various industry professionals.
Unbounce happens to be one of the most capable and easy-to-learn page builders that you could use to create beautiful and responsive landing pages or sales funnels for your business. Landing pages are a crucial element for creating successful online campaigns for marketing.
The main reason why you build landing pages in the first place is to ensure that whenever you are sending people to take a particular action on your page, you do not want them to go to a page that is already cluttered.
Normally, a typical website is usually cluttered with navigation menus, images, slideshows, content, galleries, blogs, social media links, and so much more. Due to this, when an average visitor visits such a website, it becomes way too much confusing for that person to take in. The person will be unable to grasp things like what it is that he is signing up for or what it is that you want them to do on your site.
For this exact reason, Unbounce builds landing pages that are far more focused than any typical website. Also, since a landing page is a part of the sales funnel, and because you are making an offer on a landing page for people to sign up for, it ends up becoming an integral part of your marketing system.
- Pros of Unbounce
- Cons of Unbounce
- How to get started with the Unbounce account? (Sign Up)
- How to create a landing page with Unbounce?
- How to run the A/B test in Unbounce?
- How to use Pop-ups and Sticky Bars in Unbounce?
- How to use AMP pages in Unbounce?
- How to get started with Smart Traffic in Unbounce?
- What is Unbounce Smart Builder?
- How to create a page with Unbounce Smart Builder?
- Unbounce Integration Capabilities
- Unbounce Pricing Plans
- Unbounce Customer Support
- Final Words
Pros of Unbounce
The advantages or pros of Unbounce are:
- It is very user-friendly.
- It is quick to build, publish, test and compare the landing pages.
- It is quick to create test variants.
- It has excellent split testing functionality.
- It contains plenty of easy-to-use, good-quality templates as well as third-party sources which provide more templates.
- The templates, pop-ups, and sticky bars are thoroughly customizable.
- It is highly responsive to mobile phones.
- It provides smart traffic as well as A/B testing.
- No coding skills are required for users to build from scratch.
- The great pixel-perfect builder helps with complete design control.
- They provide a lot of self-help documentation in their Help Center.
- It also provides excellent customer support through chat, phone as well as emails.
Cons of Unbounce
The disadvantages or cons of Unbounce are:
- The form builder, unfortunately, lacks some essential features.
- Landing pages existing outside of Unbounce can’t be split into text.
- It is more pricey in comparison to other similar landing page creators.
- Their landing page data sources were lost to Google Analytics.
- Customer service is not available most of the time.
- It has limited conversions.
- It has limited integrations inside the app.
How to get started with the Unbounce account? (Sign Up)
Getting started with an Unbounce account is very simple and straightforward. Here are the steps to get signed up with an Unbounce include:
- Firstly, open the browser on your device, either a smartphone or PC.
- Then, go to the website of Unbounce, i.e., unbounce.com.
- Select the button saying ‘Select Free Trial.’
- Select the Unbounce Pricing Plan you require.
- Tap on the button saying ‘Select My Trial’ under the plan to get a free 14-day trial.
- After that, click on ‘continue setting up your Unbounce account and scroll at the bottom of the screen.
- With that, check your email for confirmation and click on the ‘confirm your email address button to begin your 14-day free trial.
- Now go back to Unbounce.com and log in with your username and password to start creating landing pages.
How to create a landing page with Unbounce?
Once you have successfully completed signing in, you will see a demo video on the page builder screen, which will guide you through the basics for creating a landing page with Unbounce.
At first, the Unbounce landing page might seem so overwhelming, loaded with lots of features and elements. However, once you get a hold of it, it’s extremely easy to use. All you have to do is follow these steps:
- First, click on ‘Create New’ located in the top right corner of the builder. You can either choose to build the page from scratch or choose from the 100+ professional templates already designed based on your landing page purpose and goals.
- Once you have chosen a template for your landing page, provide a name to your page at the bottom of the preview screen and tap on ‘Start with this template.’
- Now there are four main components of the page builder where you edit all your pages:
- Widget panel– It is situated on the left-hand side, where you can drag and drop images, text, and other elements to your landing pages.
- The main window– This is the central part of the page builder where you actually build your landing page.
- Toolbar- It is situated at the top of the screen where you can perform actions like save, preview, undo and redo.
- Properties panel- It is there at the right side of your screen where you can add links, add page Meta descriptions, and work on detailing of the page, including editing borders, backgrounds, etc.
- To change any image in the template, simply click on the image, and from the properties pane, click ‘Change Image.’ With this, a new window will appear where you can upload your desired image and click ‘Choose.’ Now, the image you have chosen will appear in place of the template image.
- If you wish to add a link to any image, click on the image in which you want to add a link. Then, go to the properties panel, and under the ‘Click Action’ section, ensure that the box with ‘Go to URL’ is selected in the dropdown. After that, paste the URL of the link you wish to add, and you’re done.
- To edit the text of the template, double click on the text box and select the holder text to delete it or either replace it. You can choose from any text type such as paragraph text, heading, font, colors, size, alignment, etc. One more thing you can do with text is editing its background. For that, go to the ‘background section’ under dropdown and select color, gradient, image, or even a video and upload it the same way you did with images.
- Forms are another important element of a landing page since visitors are supposed to fill the form aligned with your landing page purpose. To add form fields, click on the ‘Edit form fields’ at the top of the Properties panel. You can simply choose the pre-designed fields from the left-hand side and click on the field you wish to add.
- Now, if you want to further customize your landing page by adding more information, images, or any video; then, go to the ‘Widget panel’ and click and drag the section icon to your page. Once you have correctly placed the section icon to your page, go back to the widget panel and drag and drop page elements to your newly created section like box, image, button, text, video, or link.
After ultimately building your landing page the way you want, there are two options- you can either publish it on your desktop or mobile. You can also change the default color of your text or links; optimize your page for SEO by adding Meta descriptions, headings tags, highlight keywords, which will appear in search engines.
How to run the A/B test in Unbounce?
A/B split test page variation is an important research methodology tool for user experience, which tests the running of your landing page in different side-by-side versions or ‘variants’ along with a series of changes to see which one produces the best results. Unbounce makes this very process incredibly easy.
In order to run the A/B test in Unbounce, follow the following steps:
- Click ‘Add Variant’ from the page overview section titled ‘Page Traffic Mode.’
- Select a variant creation option from the dialog box. You could either duplicate an existing variant, start from scratch to make a whole new variation from the beginning, or start with a new template that Unbounce has. [Note: The best option is to duplicate your page. If you create a new landing page, you won’t actually be able to run an A/B test since it is only done using variants.]
- Click on ‘Create.’
- Go to edit and make the minor changes that you might need, e.g., an image, a headline, etc. Then save it.
- Assign traffic to your variant, which will allow you to weigh which page gets more traffic.
- Publish or re-publish your landing page to start your test and check the performance between the two variants.
- Once your new page variant gains traffic, go to the confidence column of Unbounce to see how statistically valid your test is.
If you see one of the test variants outperforming your champion variant/s, you can promote the variant to become the new champion from the dropdown menu or discard it if it is underperforming.
How to use Pop-ups and Sticky Bars in Unbounce?
Other than landing page builders, Unbounce provides its users with important features for conversion optimization named Pop-ups and Sticky Bars. These are the two Unbounce tools used to bring about action from your site visitors in order to get more leads, sign-ups, and sales.
A Pop-up is a box that appears when a visitor is navigating or reading the content of your page, whereas a Sticky Bar is a banner that appears at the top or bottom of your webpage. Unbounce makes it simple and easy to create such Pop-ups or Sticky Bars with the help of several templates. It also provides a drag and drop builder to help create and customize the templates as per your requirements.
For building Pop-us or Sticky Bars:
- Click ‘Create New’ from the ‘All Pages’ screen.
- Under ‘Pick a content type’, select ‘Pop-ups’ or ‘Sticky Bars.’
- Either choose a template from a collection of pop-up templates or click ‘Start from Scratch.’
- Name your page.
- Then click on ‘Start with this Template.’
- Design the pop-up using the desktop and mobile toggle buttons.
- After completing, click on ‘Save’ in the top-right corner.
- From the ‘Pop-ups & Sticky Bars Overview’ page, click on ‘Publish.’
- Tap on ‘Copy’ to get the embed code.
- Install this embed code on your page before publishing your Pop-up or Sticky Bar.
How to use AMP pages in Unbounce?
AMP pages, or Accelerated Mobile Pages, were originally created by Google to optimize mobile web browsing and help WebPages load faster by optimizing page speed. With Unbounce’s 15+ pre-built Accelerated Mobile Pages, you can use the drag and drop builder to create faster-loading pages for your end users that are managed and customized by you.
There is not much difference between creating an AMP page in Unbounce and creating a normal landing page. The only difference is that of decreased functionality in AMP pages because of the limitation in the format it imposes.
To create your first AMP page on Unbounce, follow these steps:
- Click on the AMP link from the left side of the page.
- Select the ‘Create New’ button from the top-left-hand corner of the page.
- On the new page, pick the ‘AMP’ option and then choose a template.
- Next, in the ‘Choose a Name’ field at the bottom right corner, enter the name for your AMP page.
- Click on the ‘Star with this template’ button at the bottom right corner.
- After your AMP page is created, tap on the ‘Save’ button located in the top right corner of the builder.
- Now, go to the page’s overview screen.
- Click on the ‘Validate’ button from the top right-hand corner, which will open a new window with either of the two messages: (i) If your page passes the validation test, it will show a green ‘PASS’ message at the side of the Validation heading, (ii) If your page fails the validation test, it will show a red ‘FAIL’ message at the side of the Validation heading.
- The final step requires you to link the AMP page with a canonical page, i.e., a page that links to the AMP page.
How to get started with Smart Traffic in Unbounce?
Often, it happens that your created landing pages are not optimized enough for all types of visitors with different tastes, devices, or locations. This is the reason why Unbounce created an AI-powered optimization tool named Smart Traffic, which automatically sends your visitors to the landing page where they are most likely to convert.
It gets to know the attributes of your visitors and works out what is best for each of your visitors. With the help of this tool, you don’t have to wait for long in order to collect data.
The steps to enable this tool include:
- Creating at least two variants in which Smart Traffic can send your visitors.
- Setting a conversion goal you want to achieve with smart traffic.
- Next, turning on Smart Traffic in the Unbounce builder to let the tool enter into an optimizing stage with its fewest 50 visits and it keeps learning as it gets new data. This enables you to get great results fast and doesn’t let your visitors be sent to a page they don’t want to.
What is Unbounce Smart Builder?
Long before when Unbounce released its first builder, their aim was to make the procedure for the creation of landing pages accessible to everyone without any need for any separate developers. However, in the case of micro business enterprises, one has to manage marketing roles like copywriting and designing as well.
All of this has made Unbounce launch a totally new landing page convertor recently called the Smart Builder (Beta). It is a landing page builder that uses Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to help create a good landing page building experience for marketers. It not only optimizes every page but also creates on-brand landing pages without the help of experts.
With the help of all the landing page templates, users can easily start building their pages quickly. Not just this, it also utilizes all the data provided by the user and suggests satisfiable layouts accordingly. In the case of copywriting, smart builders suggest eye-catching headlines. Depending on the conversion information, it will provide substitute headlines and categorize how effective they will be.
The Smart Builder also lets users develop variants that are suitable for any kind of device. This gives the best-optimized experience one can imagine for mobile as well as PCs.
Along with all these, there are some important additional components under the header, as well as a few additional page properties and settings on the right-hand side which help you build your page. These include content tree, style guide, page settings, conversions, copy insights, and toggle page preview, etc. The following are the details of all the components:
1) Header: The Header in Unbounce Smart Builder comes up with some tools required to design and customize a landing page. It consists of the following tabs (left to right):
- Content Tree: This allows your landing page advanced layouts of all components as well as sections, including options for hiding or displaying elements. This is very helpful if you want to edit your landing page’s mobile or desktop version.
- Style Guide: In order to make global changes like topography updating, styling links, and buttons on your landing page, you need a Style Guide. With this, you could also update the styling of each page section without disturbing the style of different sections.
- Page Settings: In the Page Settings tab, you can update your page metadata and strengthen your SEO rankings.
- Conversions: In the Conversions tab, you can set or track the actions of your page, like button clicks, link clicks, form submissions, etc. This component uses AI-powered copy optimization insights to your landing page headings, which allows you to make high-converting recommendations for the edited copy, which could boost your conversions.
2) Page Preview and Mobile Version: The Toggle Page Preview mode button allows you to switch between your landing page versions. You simply have to tap on the desktop dropdown menu in order to toggle (or switch) between your landing page’s mobile and desktop versions.
How to create a page with Unbounce Smart Builder?
The Smart Builder comes with many pre-designed templates and page designs to help you build your workflow effectively. When you get started with Unbounce smart builder, its design assistant will assist you in building a landing page quickly by giving valuable suggestions about high converting components and page layouts based on your industry, purpose, and objectives.
In order to create a page with Unbounce, follow the following steps:
- First, log into the Unbounce app.
- Click on the ‘Create New’ button in the top-right corner to create a new landing page.
- Choose ‘Smart Builder’ to create a page.
- With this, the Design Assistant will appear on the next page.
- Within the page, fill up all the required fields that correspond with your landing page’s purpose- your company or project name, your project industry, page name.
- After that, click on the blue button which says’ Next: Style this page.’
- On the ‘Design’ page, choose different themes and layouts.
- Now, choose either the ‘Suggested’ or ‘Custom’ layout from the ‘Page Style Guide’ to apply to your landing page.
- After this, go to the ‘Page Sections’ tab in the ‘Page Style Guide.’
- Click on the dropdown arrow to edit the current page’s layout.
- Tap on the ‘Add Section’ button to add a new section to your landing page.
- Tap on the ‘Edit Site’ button in the top-right corner of the Smart Builder to save changes and start editing your page!
If you require any assistance while editing your page, you can directly chat with the Smart Builder Support team. You can do this by simply clicking the question mark icon and following the instructions to start the live chat.
Unbounce Integration Capabilities
It is often important to use multiple tools and software in online marketing. This is why Unbounce allows a wide range of integrations. With this, you can use a third party called Zapier in order to integrate platforms. Zapier helps to send additional data along with the user name and email by Unbounce.
Other than Zapier, the other third-party tools integration capabilities provided by Unbounce include Live Chat, HubSpot, Hotjar, MailChimp, Outgrow, SalesForce, Crazyegg, and many more.
Unbounce Pricing Plans
Since June of 2020, Unbounce has done a complete overhaul of its pricing. They started charging for the number of monthly conversions (e.g., clicking for action or completing a form, etc.) performed by a visitor on your landing page. It also depends on the total number of visitors to a page. They have launched four main plans:
- The Launch Plan- If you just want one domain and are not trying to resell unbalanced landing pages to clients, then the Launch Plan is very fast and affordable. It is just $80 per month, and you get 500 conversions as well as up to 20,000 visitors per month.
- Optimize Plan- With this plan; you get 1000 monthly conversions and 30,000 visitors at the price of $120 per month.
- Accelerate Plan- If your company or agency is multiplying and you want to increase that growth, you can use the Accelerated Plan. It gives up to 2000 conversions and 40,000 visitors per month at $200 per month.
- The $300 Scale Plan- If your business has reached a high level and you just need a little more traffic, then you can go for the $300 Scale Plan of Unbounce. It gives 3000 conversions with 50,000 visitors.
Despite the limitations seen on the number of traffic and leads, the best thing about Unbounce Pricing Plans is that you will be able to create an unlimited number of landing pages, pop-ups, and sticky bars.
Here at Squeeze Growth, we’ve got you a 20% discount on all Unbounce plans.
Unbounce Customer Support
Unbounce welcomes its users to show support by emailing them at [email protected]. By this, it puts the users in touch with a member of the Unbounce Customer Support team.
You can also feel free to call Customer Support at the provided numbers:
- +16044841354 (for Worldwide)
- +18885159161 (in America)
You can also catch up with them from 1 am-8 pm on weekdays through phone, live chat, and email.
All in all, Unbounce is not only a landing page builder, but it is also a conversion optimization platform. It originally started as a landing page builder back in 2009, but now it does a lot more than that! It lets you build, test, and optimize your landing pages so that you can turn more of your website visitors into leads and customers.
Unbounce also has relatively new products, Pop-ups, and Sticky Bars, which you can add at the top or bottom of any page of your website.
With its newly added Smart Builder (Beta), the building of attractive landing pages has exceeded the required industry standard. With the advanced features, including content tree, style guide, page settings, conversions, copy insights, and toggle page preview, the task becomes easier with highly effective results.
If there are any problems or doubts you face, Smart Builder has a great Customer Care Support team. You can easily chat with a live agent and clear all your doubts and queries.
Thus, with all the discussed features and the freedom provided for the designing of landing pages, Unbounce has become a little bit more of a robust tool for landing pages that you can use today!