Unbounce is an all-in-one conversion platform that offers you a set of classic and AI-powered tools to create optimized landing pages.
It comes with a user-friendly page builder and lead-generation features to help you improve your conversion rate and grow your business.
With Unbounce, you can build beautiful, conversion-optimized landing pages and launch cost-effective marketing campaigns without the need for a developer or a copywriter. Plus, use the power of AI to drive more sales.
Here, I have reviewed Unbounce’s core tools and shared a live demo to demonstrate how to use the platform.
Let’s go over its core features first.
Unbounce is loaded with scalable features that you can employ to tailor your campaign as you grow your business. Here’s a list of the prominent ones, with a general idea of how each works.
1. Classic Landing Page Builder
Unbounce Classic Builder offers a drag-and-drop interface and an easy-to-use dashboard to let you comfortably operate the tool.
The app provides customizable boxes to alter your page’s appearance; a set of widgets to add responsive elements, and properties to personalize your campaign theme.
You can choose from over 100 responsive templates, save your page as a template for later use, and even add custom code to personalize it further. The tool offers you complete control over your landing page and allows you to publish it to any platform.
With the Classic Builder, you can create anything from a gated form, and email squeeze page to custom landing pages.
2. Smart Landing Page Builder
Unbounce Smart Builder is an advanced tool that offers time-saving features and insightful guides to help you construct optimized landing pages.
The app uses AI to analyze thousands of sites and give data-driven recommendations on your page style and content.
With the Smart Builder, you generate content people love, pick templates designed with your audience preference in mind, and use A/B testing to take a test drive.
The platform provides a guide to personalize your color themes and a content tree to arrange your page elements.
It is an excellent tool for those who are on time-constraint and prefer quick results.
I have given an in-depth tutorial on this feature in this article. Read on to check it out.
3. Smart Copy
Smart Copy is a standalone free app you can use to auto-generate, remix, and expand copy for your sales pages.
It is Unbounce’s recent feature the company has added to its AI tools to offer copywriting services to its users.
With smart copy, you can draft content for several campaigns, including landing pages, Google ads, social media copy, and email marketing.
The tool offers tons of templates to cover almost all types of content you’d need to build your marketing funnel and gives you ready-to-use copy for your campaign.
If you generally struggle with content generation, this is the best feature for you.
4. Smart Traffic
Unbounce Smart Traffic is a conversion feature that helps you drive only relevant visitors to your page.
The app uses data-driven insight to select and redirect visitors based on their attributes, demography, and behavior.
So, if one page of your website is featuring native copy, while another is promoting international information, the Smart Traffic tool will automatically send local visitors to the native page. All you need is to turn on the button and wait for it to start working.
It is an amazing feature that analyses your site’s key metrics for you and attracts traffic that contains a higher number of qualified leads.
5. Classic Popups and Sticky Bar
Pop-ups and sticky bars are essential elements of a landing page that help you build your email list and drive more leads to your sales funnel. They’re attention-grabbing pages that draw your visitor’s attention to your sales offer every time they explore your site.
Unbounce provides both features, sharing an easy-to-use editor to create high-converting pop-ups and sticky bars.
With this feature, you can add dynamic text to adapt your copy to your prospect’s interest and set a trigger to let your pop-up appear only when someone visits your page. You can even set the frequency to avoid spamming your prospect with offers.
Check out the templates here to see what type of pop-ups and sticky bars you can create with Unbounce.
Unbounce shares a collaboration feature called the account management feature for teams and enterprises that want to give access to their account to multiple users. The app offers specific roles based on the level of permission you want to grant to protect your data.
You can invite your team to your account and give them author rights to make any changes to your project. If you’re working alone, you can offer to view only your account to your client to show them your work progress.
Unbounce is also compatible with Zapier, which makes it easy for you to streamline your workflow.
Both functions come in handy when you’re working on a selected part of a campaign and require constant input.
7. Data Security
Unbounce data security function shares several options to get a safe connection to your team, protect your project information, and provide a sense of security to your visitors.
The app stores your information on a secure server and allows you to delete any data you want to remove due to privacy concerns.
If you want to facilitate your team, you can set up a single sign-in process as well as a two-factor authentication system, whatever suits your business operations.
The platform additionally shares SSL certification—the little lock you see beside your site URL— to let your customer know the site they’re visiting ensures a secure connection.
It is one of its most compelling features that makes people feel confident to share their personal information with you, and in turn, grow your email list.
Why choose Unbounce over other landing page builders?
Your landing page is the first official point of contact between you and your potential lead. It’s the most significant part of your customer journey, where they learn about your brand and decide within seconds whether to explore your site further.
Now, with a typical landing page builder, you can certainly produce visually appealing pages to give your visitors a memorable experience. But Unbounce offers you a complete conversion kit to build optimized campaigns that are designed to turn your visitors into paying customers.
All Unbounce templates are built on a conversion marketing strategy to specifically draw attention to the CTAs.
The app uses artificial intelligence to study real-time successful marketing tactics and learn what color, typography, image, and placement would draw a maximum reaction from visitors. Based on that information, Unbounce offers style guides to help you build pages that convert.
What’s more, the tool enables you to generate optimized content that gets the best results and offers key metrics to let you know if you’re on the right track. That is something you’ll rarely find in other landing page builders.
With Unbounce, you can create attention-grabbing landing pages, get optimized sales copy, and receive in-depth insight into your campaign.
It is a powerful conversion marketing platform that increases 55% chances of generating qualified leads.
The advantages of using Unbounce:
- Very user-friendly.
- Quick to build, publish, test and compare landing pages.
- Quick to create test variants.
- Excellent split testing functionality.
- Contains plenty of easy-to-use, good-quality templates as well as third-party sources which provide more templates.
- The templates, pop-ups, and sticky bars are thoroughly customizable.
- Highly responsive to mobile phones.
- Provides smart traffic as well as A/B testing.
- No coding skills are required for users to build from scratch.
- Pixel-perfect builder helps with complete design control.
- Provides a lot of self-help documentation in their help center.
- Excellent customer support through chat, phone as well as emails.
The disadvantages or cons of Unbounce are:
- The form builder, unfortunately, lacks some essential features.
- Landing pages existing outside Unbounce can’t be split into text.
- It has limited integrations inside the app.
How to get started with the Unbounce account? (Sign Up)
Getting started with an Unbounce account is very simple and straightforward. Here are the steps to get signed up with Unbounce include:
- Go to Unbounce
- Select the button saying ‘Select Free Trial.’
- Select the Unbounce Pricing Plan you require.
- Tap on the button saying ‘Select My Trial’ under the plan to get a free 14-day trial.
- After that, click on ‘continue setting up your Unbounce account and scroll to the bottom of the screen.
- With that, check your email for confirmation and click on the ‘confirm your email address button to begin your 14-day free trial.
How to create a landing page with Unbounce?
Once you have completed signing in, you will see a demo video on the page builder screen, which will guide you through the basics for creating a landing page with Unbounce.
At first, the Unbounce landing page might seem so overwhelming, loaded with lots of features and elements. However, once you get a hold of it, it’s extremely easy to use. All you have to do is follow these steps:
- First, click on ‘Create New’ located in the top-right corner of the builder. You can either choose to build the page from scratch or choose from the 100+ professional templates already designed based on your landing page purpose and goals.
- Once you have chosen a template for your landing page, provide a name to your page at the bottom of the preview screen and tap on ‘Start with this template.’
- Now there are four main components of the page builder where you edit all your pages:
- Widget panel – It is situated on the left-hand side, where you can drag and drop images, text, and other elements to your landing pages.
- The main window– This is the central part of the page builder where you build your landing page.
- Toolbar- It is situated at the top of the screen where you can perform actions like save, preview, undo, and redo.
- Properties panel- It is there on the right side of your screen where you can add links, add page Meta descriptions, and work on detailing the page, including editing borders, backgrounds, etc.
- To change any image in the template, simply click on the image, and from the properties pane, click ‘Change Image.’ With this, a new window will appear where you can upload your desired image and click ‘Choose.’ Now, the image you have chosen will appear in place of the template image.
- If you wish to add a link to any image, click on the image in which you want to add a link. Then, go to the properties panel, and under the ‘Click Action’ section, make sure that the box with ‘Go to URL’ is selected in the dropdown. After that, paste the URL of the link you wish to add, and you’re done.
- To edit the text of the template, double-click on the text box and select the holder text to delete or either replace it. You can choose from any text type such as paragraph text, heading, font, colors, size, alignment, etc. One more thing you can do with text is edited its background. For that, go to the ‘background section’ under the dropdown and select color, gradient, image, or even a video and upload it the same way you did with images.
- Forms are another important element of a landing page since visitors are supposed to fill the form aligned with your landing page’s purpose. To add form fields, click on the ‘Edit form fields’ at the top of the Properties panel. You can simply choose the pre-designed fields from the left-hand side and click on the field you wish to add.
- Now, if you want to further customize your landing page by adding more information, images, or any video; then, go to the ‘Widget panel’ and click and drag the section icon to your page. Once you have correctly placed the section icon on your page, go back to the widget panel and drag and drop page elements to your newly created section like box, image, button, text, video, or link.
After ultimately building your landing page the way you want, there are two options- You can either publish it on your desktop or mobile. You can also change the default color of your text or links; optimize your page for SEO by adding Meta descriptions, headings tags, and highlight keywords, which will appear in search engines.
How to run the A/B test?
A/B split a test page variation is an important tool for user experience, which tests the running of your landing page in different side-by-side versions or ‘variants’ along with a series of changes to see which one produces the best results. Unbounce makes this very process incredibly easy.
To run the A/B test in Unbounce, follow the following steps:
- Click ‘Add Variant’ from the page overview section titled ‘Page Traffic Mode.’
- Select the variant creation option from the dialog box. You could either duplicate an existing variant, start from scratch to make a whole new variation from the beginning, or start with a new template that Unbounce has. [Note: The best option is to duplicate your page. If you create a new landing page, you won’t be able to run an A/B test since it is only done using variants.]
- Click on ‘Create.’
- Go to edit and make the minor changes that you might need, e.g., an image, a headline, etc. Then save it.
- Assign traffic to your variant, which will allow you to weigh which page gets more traffic.
- Publish or re-publish your landing page to start your test and check the performance between the two variants.
- Once your new page variant gains traffic, go to the confidence column of Unbounce to see how statistically valid your test is.
If you see one of the test variants outperforming your champion variant/s, you can promote the variant to become the new champion from the drop-down menu or discard it if it is underperforming.
How to use Pop-ups and Sticky Bars?
Other than landing page builders, Unbounce provides its users with important features for conversion optimization named Pop-ups and Sticky Bars.
These are the two Unbounce tools used to bring about action from your site visitors to get more leads, sign-ups, and sales.
A Pop-up is a box that appears when a visitor is navigating or reading the content of your page, whereas a Sticky Bar is a banner that appears at the top or bottom of your webpage. Unbounce makes it simple and easy to create such Pop-ups or Sticky Bars with the help of several templates.
It also provides a drag-and-drop builder to help create and customize the templates as per your requirements.
For building Pop-us or Sticky Bars:
- Click ‘Create New’ from the ‘All Pages’ screen.
- Under ‘Pick a content type’, select ‘Pop-ups’ or ‘Sticky Bars.’
- Either choose a template from a collection of pop-up templates or click ‘Start from Scratch.’
- Name your page.
- Then click on ‘Start with this Template.’
- Design the pop-up using the desktop and mobile toggle buttons.
- After completing, click on ‘Save’ in the top-right corner.
- From the ‘Pop-ups & Sticky Bars Overview’ page, click on ‘Publish.’
- Tap on ‘Copy’ to get the embed code.
- Install this embed code on your page before publishing your Pop-up or Sticky Bar.
How to use AMP pages?
AMP pages, or Accelerated Mobile Pages, were created by Google to optimize mobile web browsing and help WebPages load faster by optimizing page speed.
With Unbounce’s 15+ pre-built Accelerated Mobile Pages, you can use the drag-and-drop builder to create faster-loading pages for your end users that are managed and customized by you.
There is not much difference between creating an AMP page in Unbounce and creating a normal landing page. The only difference is that of decreased functionality in AMP pages because of the limitations in the format it imposes.
To create your first AMP page on Unbounce, follow these steps:
- Click on the AMP link from the left side of the page.
- Select the ‘Create New’ button from the top-left-hand corner of the page.
- On the new page, pick the ‘AMP’ option and then choose a template.
- Next, in the ‘Choose a Name’ field at the bottom right corner, enter the name for your AMP page.
- Click on the ‘Star with this template’ button at the bottom right corner.
- After your AMP page is created, tap on the ‘Save’ button located in the top right corner of the builder.
- Now, go to the page’s overview screen.
- Click on the ‘Validate’ button from the top right-hand corner, which will open a new window with either of the two messages: (i) If your page passes the validation test, it will show a green ‘PASS’ message at the side of the Validation heading; (ii) If your page fails the validation test, it will show a red ‘FAIL’ message at the side of the Validation heading.
- The final step requires you to link the AMP page with a canonical page, i.e., a page that links to the AMP page.
How to get started with Smart Traffic?
Often, it happens that your created landing pages are not optimized enough for all types of visitors with different tastes, devices, or locations.
This is the reason Unbounce created an AI-powered optimization tool named Smart Traffic, which automatically sends your visitors to the landing page where they are likely to convert.
It gets to know the attributes of your visitors and works out what is best for each of your visitors. With the help of this tool, you don’t have to wait for long to collect data.
The steps to enable this tool include:
- Create at least two variants in which Smart Traffic can send your visitors.
- Set a conversion goal you want to achieve with smart traffic.
- Next, turn on Smart Traffic in the Unbounce builder to let the tool enter into an optimizing stage with its fewest 50 visits and it keeps learning as it gets new data. This enables you to get great results fast and doesn’t let your visitors be sent to a page they don’t want to.
Unbounce “Smart Builder”
Long before, when Unbounce released its first-page builder, they aimed to make the procedure for the creation of landing pages accessible to everyone without any need for any separate developers.
However, in the case of micro business enterprises, one has to manage marketing roles like copywriting and designing as well.
All of this has made Unbounce launch a totally new landing page converter recently called the Smart Builder (Beta).
It is a landing page builder that uses Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to help create a good landing page-building experience for marketers.
It not only optimizes every page but also creates on-brand landing pages without the help of experts.
With the help of all the landing page templates, users can easily start building their pages quickly.
Not just this, it also uses all the data provided by the user and suggests satisfactory layouts accordingly.
In the case of copywriting, smart builders suggest eye-catching headlines. Depending on the conversion information, it will provide substitute headlines and categorize how effective they will be.
The Smart Builder also lets users develop variants that are suitable for any kind of device. This gives the best-optimized experience one can imagine for mobile as well as PCs.
Along with all these, there are some important additional components under the header, as well as a few additional page properties and settings on the right-hand side which help you build your page.
These include content tree, style guide, page settings, conversions, copy insights, toggle page preview, etc.
The following are the details of all the components:
The Header in Unbounce Smart Builder comes with some tools required to design and customize a landing page. It consists of the following tabs (left to right):
- Content Tree: This allows your landing page advanced layouts of all components as well as sections, including options for hiding or displaying elements. This is very helpful if you want to edit your landing page’s mobile or desktop version.
- Style Guide: In order to make global changes like topography updating, styling links, and buttons on your landing page, you need a Style Guide. With this, you could also update the styling of each page section without disturbing the style of different sections.
- Page Settings: In the Page Settings tab, you can update your page metadata and strengthen your SEO rankings.
- Conversions: In the Conversions tab, you can set or track the actions of your page, like button clicks, link clicks, form submissions, etc. This component uses AI-powered copy optimization insights to your landing page headings, which allows you to make high-converting recommendations for the edited copy, which could boost your conversions.
2. Page Preview and Mobile Version
The Toggle Page Preview mode button allows you to switch between your landing page versions. You simply have to tap on the desktop dropdown menu to toggle (or switch) between your landing page’s mobile and desktop versions.
How to create a page with Unbounce Smart Builder?
The Smart Builder comes with many pre-designed templates and page designs to help you build your workflow effectively.
When you get started with Unbounce smart builder, its design assistant will help you in building a landing page quickly by giving valuable suggestions about high-converting components and page layouts based on your industry, purpose, and objectives.
To create a page with Unbounce, follow the following steps:
- First, log into the Unbounce app.
- Click on the ‘Create New button in the top-right corner to create a new landing page.
- Choose ‘Smart Builder’ to create a page.
- With this, the Design Assistant will appear on the next page.
- Within the page, fill up all the required fields that correspond with your landing page’s purpose – your company or project name, your project industry, page name.
- After that, click on the blue button which says’ Next: Style this page.’
- On the ‘Design’ page, choose different themes and layouts.
- Now, choose either the ‘Suggested’ or ‘Custom’ layout from the ‘Page Style Guide’ to apply to your landing page.
- After this, go to the ‘Page Sections’ tab in the ‘Page Style Guide.’
- Click on the dropdown arrow to edit the current page’s layout.
- Tap on the ‘Add Section’ button to add a new section to your landing page.
- Tap on the ‘Edit Site’ button in the top-right corner of the Smart Builder to save changes and start editing your page!
If you require any assistance while editing your page, you can directly chat with the Smart Builder Support team.
You can do this by simply clicking the question mark icon and following the instructions to start the live chat.
It is often important to use multiple tools and software in online marketing. This is why Unbounce allows a wide range of integrations. With this, you can use a third party called Zapier to integrate platforms.
Zapier helps to send additional data along with the username and email to Unbounce.
Other than Zapier, the other third-party tools integration capabilities provided by Unbounce include Live Chat, HubSpot, Hotjar, Mailchimp, Outgrow, Salesforce, Crazy egg, and many more.
Since June 2020, Unbounce has done a complete overhaul of its pricing.
They start charging for the number of monthly conversions (e.g., clicking for action or completing a form, etc.) performed by a visitor on your landing page.
It also depends on the total number of visitors to a page. They have launched four main plans:
- The Launch Plan- If you just want one domain and are not trying to resell unbalanced landing pages to clients, then the Launch Plan is very fast and affordable. It is just $99 per month, and you get 500 conversions as well as up to 20,000 visitors per month.
- Optimize Plan- With this plan – you get 1000 monthly conversions and 30,000 visitors at the price of $145 per month.
- Accelerate Plan- If your company or agency is multiplying and you want to increase that growth, you can use the Accelerated Plan. It gives up to 2000 conversions and 40,000 visitors per month at $240 per month.
Despite the limitations seen on the number of traffic and leads, the best thing about Unbounce Pricing Plans is that you will be able to create an unlimited number of landing pages, pop-ups, and sticky bars.
Here at Squeeze Growth, we’ve got you a 20% discount on all Unbounce plans.
Click here to get your Unbounce discount →
There are three ways to contact the Unbounce support team –
- Email Tickets
- Phone call
You can feel free to call Customer Support at the provided numbers:
- +16044841354 (for Worldwide)
- +18885159161 (in America)
You can catch up with them from 1 am-8 pm on weekdays through phone, live chat, and email.
Unbounce is not only a landing page builder, but it is a conversion optimization platform.
It originally started as a landing page builder back in 2009, but now it does a lot more than that! It lets you build, test, and optimize your landing pages so that you can turn more of your website visitors into leads and customers.
With its newly added Smart Builder, building attractive and high-converting landing pages couldn’t be easier and more cost-effective.
Combined with the power of AI, Unbounce offers a lot more freedom and strength to drive better results for your business.