When it comes to eCommerce, a significant factor of its success is how good the customer service is.
If it’s great, more people will be willing to buy from you and likely recommend you.
And one of the ways to start is with a live chat app. With it, you can create a convenient and casual way for potential customers to get in contact and get answers on the spot!
However, with so many options available, it might be hard to pick one!
So today, you’ll learn the fifteen best Shopify live chat apps. If that sounds interesting, then keep on reading.
As our #1 pick, we have Gorgias.
It’s a live chat solution for Shopify that aims to help you grow through exceptional customer service. It does that by offering you a unique solution filled with features.
It has a great list of integrations. With Gorgias, you can integrate all of your sales channels, including your Shopify, eBay, and Amazon stores. But also, you can integrate with other software like Zapier and Mailchimp to improve your marketing and add more automation.
But what separated Gorgias from others is the unique features it comes with. For example, you can respond to your social media comments there and create pre-made responses with custom variables to boost your customer service efficiency.
And to make it even better, Gorgias is effortless to use. All new users should be familiar with its dashboard in less than an hour, making it easy to start responding to your customer questions quickly.
- Centralize all your support tickets to one place
- Use bots to automate repetitive tasks to free up time and give a better customer experience
- Engage with your customers on your social media channels to boost sales.
- Unique Features
- Easy to Use Interface
- Great list of integrations
- Limited reporting tools
And at the second posiotn on this list, we have LiveChat. Like all other options, this one is also an excellent platform for adding a live chat feature to your online store! That’s because of a couple of reasons:
LiveChat centralizes all your support channels into one place. This includes your live chat, email, calls, and social media channels. That helps you and your agent boost your productivity, as you won’t have to switch between multiple platforms all the time.
The reports it sends you are pretty advanced! You’ll get more details about your performance than you could with other solutions. So LiveChat will help you improve even faster.
With LiveChat, you’re almost guaranteed that you can integrate this with your favorite tools. That’s because LiveChat has over 200 integrations, including Zapier. So you could automate your workflow even more.
- Balance your support with AI automation and human agents for the most efficient customer service.
- Advanced Reports give you actionable insight that your team can improve upon.
- Canned responses let you quickly reply to common questions.
- Advanced reports
- Multiple Chat Channels
- Integrations with 200+ tools
- Nothing substantial
Next up, we have Tidio. It’s yet another impressive live chat solution to your Shopify site. It aims to make your customer service even better by helping you boost sales. And it does that mostly well, thanks to the impressive list of features.
You can chat through many different platforms using Tidio. These include your website, email, calls, Facebook Messenger, etc. That’s great as it helps you reach out to them in more ways than on your website.
Additionally, helping you contact your customer in various ways makes dealing with them much more accessible. For example, Tidio comes with keyword recognition. With this, Tidio can automatically reply to your most common questions, making managing tickets much more manageable.
And to top it all off, doing customer service is a joy! All of that is thanks to the well-designed interface. It has a clean design, and everything is in its place.
- Unlimited Chats
- Mobile App lets you answer your customer questions on the go.
- Integrations with Your Favorite marketing tools like Messenger, Zapier, and more.
- Clean Interface
- Keyword Recognition
- Multiple Platforms
- No Growth Tools
Next, we have Zendesk.
It’s customer service and engagement platform that aims to make your customer service more accessible. It does that by giving you access to many useful features, like a Live Chat!
And how well it is done!
For starters, Zendesk has made its chat feature extremely mobile-friendly. That means wherever your customer visits your live chat (desktop or mobile), the chat will always be intuitive to use.
Additionally, Zendesk also gives your agents a lot of great tools to make their work easier.
For example, Zendesk has something they call “Triggers.” It’s a feature that lets you quickly access a pre-made message. That helps your team promptly solve everyday problems, giving time for more urgent tickets.
But to top it all off, Zendesk also has a great statistics page. You can get a lot of actionable insight into your performance and where you can improve upon it.
- One-click Implementation for any Shopify site
- Deal with Refunds, returns, and cancellations within Zendesk Dashboard
- Customize the dashboard with crucial customer data
- Mobile Friendly
- Great Statistics
- Great Productivity Tools
- No Co-Browsing Feature
Next up, we have JivoChat. It’s yet another live chat solution that helps you increase your revenue by connecting clients where they are. And it does that really great, thanks to some fantastic features.
JivoChat lets you communicate with your clients on many different channels. These include your usual like email, live chat, and calls. However, additionally, to that, there are some unique ones like WhatsApp and Apple Messages.
JivoChat has made it super easy to do customer service. That’s because of the many convenient tools you get. For example, JivoChat can translate client messages into English!
- The callback feature lets customers leave their phone numbers to you so you can call back to them at the most convenient time.
- Real-Time Visitor Monitor enables you to see what your customers are doing in real-time and where you can improve upon.
- Many Platforms Supported
- Easy to use interface
- The basic plan lacks features.
6. Pure Chat
Continuing down the list, we have Pure Chat. It aims to be the easiest and fastest way to add live chat to your Shopify store. And it does that quite well, and here’s why!
Pure Chat offers you some great customization. You can easily change the colors to make them fit your online store’s branding. That makes you look that much more professional.
Along with the great customization options, it also offers you some great integrations. With it, you can integrate with all of your online stores, including your Amazon store, and marketing and automation tools like Mailchimp and Zapier.
You can get started for free. And fortunately, the plan is quite generous. For example, you won’t have to worry about any chat limits, making it extremely useful for eCommerce businesses just starting.
- Unlimited chat lets you serve as many customers as you need without paying for anything.
- Mobile Apps allow you to reply to customers when you’re on the go.
- Canned Responses help you deal with frequently asked questions, which improve your focus.
- Free Plan Available
- Great Customization
- Good Integrations
- Problems with Notifications
What separates this one from others is that it doesn’t create a brand new live chat platform. Instead, it lets you’ll use Facebook Messenger in your online store. That has multiple benefits, like connecting with your clients even if they aren’t in your store.
However, that’s not the only reason you’d want to pick it! One of the best things about it is how you can create abandoned cart messages. Those will help you to get more sales back, making your investment worthwhile.
Additionally to that, setting this app up is extremely easy. It just takes a couple of clicks, and you’re done! That means you can start receiving customer messages in under a minute.
But in addition to letting you chat with your customers, this live chat app will also help you improve yourself. It does this by giving you an excellent analytics page. You can find a lot of actionable insight into where you can improve upon.
- Analytics give you actionable insight into how your chat widget is performing.
- Create Marketing Campaigns to Recover Abandoned Carts
- Update Your Customer’s Order Status in Messenger
- Abandoned Cart Recovery
- Great Insight
- One-Click Set Up
- Not Mobile Friendly
Continuing down the list, we have Tawk.to! It’s one of the most popular customer service solutions for Shopify, and there are a couple of reasons for it.
For starters, you can get started with this for absolutely free! That means you won’t have to worry about any monthly subscriptions but still be able to chat with unlimited customers. And that’s quite a generous free plan!
Other than that, Tawk.to also allows you to create a customizable knowledge base. That is useful as you can write articles there for your agents to quickly learn how they should do their work without asking you.
Additionally, Tawk.to comes with some great productivity tools for your team. For example, you can add notes to each client. That will help you and other agents figure out the client’s past messages, helping you give a better and more personal support service.
- Video + Voice Add-On lets you speak to your customer.
- Desktop notifications tell you when someone has contacted you.
- Visitor Information helps you get the necessary information to give the best customer service possible.
- Free Plan Available
- Knowledge Base
- Great Productivity Tools
- Not the Best Customer Service
Continuing down the list, we have Formilla. That’s another excellent option for adding live chat to your Shopify store. That’s because of a couple of reasons.
First, Formilla makes it extremely simple to create chatbots. You won’t need any technical skills, making it easy to automate and simplify your customer service.
But the benefits won’t end there! Additionally to that, a feature that I love is customer information. With this feature, Formilla will collect all essential information about the customer, making it easy to give users a more excellent support service.
And to top it all off, Formilla has put a lot of effort into designing their software. Thanks to its beautiful interface, it’s effortless to answer your customers’’ questions, making it that much more enjoyable.
However, you cannot postpone the chat or reactivate it, making it more challenging to give outstanding customer service.
- Reply to all your emails, in-app messages, and website messages in one place.
- Custom Branding lets you make your chat blend into your website.
- Send various marketing emails like weekly blog updates, new product announcements, etc.
- Easy Chat Bots Creation
- Easy To Use Interface
- Customer Information
- Some essential features are missing.
eDesk is an excellent live chat app solution for your Shopify store. It aims to centralize your customer support to one place, no matter where you sell. And it does its objective very well thanks to the impressive feature list.
eDesk is extremely user-friendly. It’s both easy for customers to contact you through live chat and has an excellent dashboard for responding. That makes it that much easier to give users a great experience.
However, the features don’t stop there. What impresses me the most is its feedback tool. With it, customers can leave feedback on the service provided, giving valuable feedback to your agents. There’s also a comprehensive analytics page to help your team get better.
You also have widget customization. With it, you can customize how your live chat looks. For example, you could change its colors to match your website branding even better.
- Add Channel Integrations to Many Platforms including Shopify, eBay, Amazon and more.
- Unified Smart Inbox lets you answer all your replies in one dashboard.
- Analytics and management reports help you get actionable insight and improve your customer support.
- User Friendly
- Feedback Tool
- Widget Customization
- Search Feature Missing
Continuing down the Shopify live chat apps list, we have Re:Amaze. It’s an app that aims to centralize your customer service and simplify it. And it does that really well, thanks to some fantastic features.
You can have all of your support channels in one place, for starters. These include your Facebook Messenger, Live Chat, Email, Instagram, and more. So, you won’t need to log in to each platform just to reply to questions.
Besides that, there are some great automation optioins. For example, you could have a chatbot answer the most common questions, send abandoned cart messages, etc.
And finally, you also see your team’s performance through the analytics page. It will have a lot of actionable insight which helps you understand where you and your agents need to improve.
- Chatbot takes care of your common questions, boosting your productivity
- Reply to all your support channels: Facebook Messenger, Website Live Chat, Email, etc.
- Use Cues to send customers automated and targeted messages for better engagement.
- Automation Options
- Many channel options
- Great Analytics Page
- Live chat might be buggy sometimes.
Not all businesses need to have multiple support channels. Instead, they might only need one. And if that sounds like your business, then Easy Messenger might be for you!
For starters, setting this up is quite simple. You need a minute and a couple of clicks, and you’re good to go. That means you can start receiving messages from your potential customers quickly.
And once you’re set-up, Easy Messenger makes sure you get the best value for the money. That’s because this live chat solution comes with many marketing options. For example, you can boost sales through abandoned cart recovery messages or send discounts for subscribing to your Messenger list.
But what I love about this app the most is its flexible pricing. That means you’re getting charged depending on how much you earn from the app!
- Provide Real-Time Support through Facebook Messenger
- Add Opt-ins to Encourage Customers to Subscribe to Your Messenger list.
- Use Cart-Abandonment Recovery to Boost Sales
- Marketing Options
- Flexible Pricing
- Easy to Set up
- No Branding Customization
13. Shopify Inbox
Sometimes you don’t need to search for it when it comes to Shopify Live Chat apps. And Shopify Inbox is one great app to consider. Here are a couple of reasons why!
First, just like many other apps on the list, Shopify has many chat channels to choose from. You can make your own live chat on your website, Apple Messages, Messenger, etc.
Shopify has designed it extremely well. Everything is in places where you’d think they are, making navigating through the dashboard extremely easy.
But the best part about Shopify Inbox is its pricing. That’s because it’s 100% free. There are no hidden fees or paid plans. All you need is a live Shopify store, and you’re good to go.
- Build Relationships with Shopify Ping
- Chat with your customers in different channels: your website, Messenger, and even Apple Messages.
- Get Insights through the statistics page.
- Free to Use
- Intuitive Interface
- Multiple Chat Channels
- No Android App
Continuing down the list, we have Richpanel. It’s yet another excellent option for adding live chat to your Shopify store. That’s because of the many great features it has.
For starters, Richpanel is easy to set up. It’s integrated with your Shopify store within a couple of clicks and minutes, and you’re ready to receive messages from your clients.
Along with that, Richpanel also has some great automation features. One of my favorites is the Self-Service Feature. It acts like a chatbot as it takes care of your clients’ more repetitive and common questions, boosting your productivity.
However, what impresses me even more is the Seamless Switch. Sometimes, when a client asks you a question in the live chat, they are already gone from your website. So to counteract that, you can quickly switch the channels to keep the conversation going.
- Richpanel lets you seamlessly switch from website live chat to email when visitors leave your site.
- Use task bots to take care of repetitive work, freeing up your agents to focus on customer support.
- Get an in-depth analysis of each contact for highly-personal support experiences.
- Quick Set-Up
- Self-Service Feature
- Seamless Switch Between Channels
- High-end Pricing
This is Autoketing’s take on a Messenger Chat Widget on your Shopify store. And fortunately, they’ve pulled off a great job with it.
This software is easy to use! Everything is in its place, making responding to your customers effortlessly.
Autoketing has added some great features to boost its effectiveness. For example, with it installed, you can create subscribe pop-ups to boost your messenger list by incentivizing them with discounts.
There are some great automation options as well. For example, you can send abandoned cart messages to boost your sales. Or make the chatbot automatically answer common questions once it detects the keywords.
- Auto Message lets you automatically send an abandoned cart message to boost your sales.
- Smart Reply detects text to answer common questions automatically.
- Easily create product marketing campaigns thanks to the saved customer list.
- Subscribe Pop-Ups
- Easy to Use
- Automation Options
- Could be buggy
And those were the fifteen best Shopify live chat apps!
With the knowledge in your head, why not take action and start improving your customer service?
All you need to do is look at each option and pick the one that fits you the best!