The best way to achieve your dreams is by setting goals and tracking them.
However, it’s pretty challenging to do that most of the time!
That’s because we need to juggle between numerous tasks and won’t find time for it. And every so often, we don’t have the motivation to keep up.
That will all change when you start using a goal-tracking app.
However, with so many available, it can become hard to choose the perfect one.
So in this blog post, you’ll learn the 15 best goal tracker apps and software out there.
Here you’ll find an app for any purpose, whether for your team or personal use.
Starting off, we have nTask. That is an excellent app for tracking your goals. That is primarily because of the features it offers!
This platform has many great management tools. These include:
- Flexible Task Management – Let‘s create new tasks the way you want.
- Visual Progress Management – Uses Gantt Charts to track your progress
- Transparent Workflow Management – Uses Kanban Boards to organize your workflows.
nTask is also simple to use. That’s primarily thanks to its intuitive interface. All you need is a few hours, and you should be ready to use this app to its fullest.
And to top it all off, they have a very generous free plan. That makes it extremely useful for any team, no matter the size.
- Flexible Task Management lets you create new tasks the way you want.
- Visual Progress Management enables you to track your progress through Gantt Charts.
- Transparent Workflow Management enables you to organize workflows with Kanban Boards.
- Great Free Plan
- All-in-One Project Management App
- Intuitive Interface
- Limited Integrations
Huminos is an ideal platform for complex goal-setting and performance management cycles.
It’s an exclusive OKR platform that lets you organize individual and group objectives so you can get a clear view of your company goals and implement a better execution plan.
With it, you can control information flow, keep track of your project status, and encourage open communication between the members.
It has advanced analytics and review features that allow you to monitor your team’s progress and offer the rewards they deserve.
It also has an auto-feedback function, which periodically launches employee surveys to help you maintain a healthy work culture.
- Simple IU and OKR templates to set up objectives and key results.
- One-on-one meetings and conversation boards to facilitate team communication.
- In-depth performance tracking and visibility control for better work culture.
- Aligning short-term individual objectives with long-term organizational goals.
- Free to use.
- Robust team monitoring functions.
It has a flexible pricing model, which might make it suitable only for startups or companies that are ready to scale their business.
Next, we have Strides.
It’s an excellent app for tracking your goals and building new habits. That’s primarily because of the flexibility Strides offers.
Using Strides, you can create four different types of goals:
- Habit Goal – A daily goal that you need to perform daily to form a new habit.
- Project Goal – A larger goal that is divided into smaller tasks
- Target Goal – A goal that is completed once you achieve a target. For example, saving up enough money to get a loan for a house.
- Average Goal – A unique goal type that aims to increase your daily average to a target goal.
But that’s not the only reason why Strides is excellent for tracking goals!
Additionally, to the flexibility, Strides sets out to motivate you in various ways. You’ll get congratulated and build streaks when you hit a particular milestone.
And to top it all off, Strides gives you a powerful analytics page. You can see how well you have been performing the last week, allowing you to know where you need to improve.
- 4 Goal Tracking Types: Habit, Project, Target, and Average
- Reports let you review how well you performed last week
- Stay motivated by building streaks and being congratulated.
- Analytics of Your Performance
- Multiple ways to motivate yourself
- Only three habits for the free version
4. Way of Life
Next up, we have the Way of Life. That is yet another excellent app for tracking your goals. And unlike Strides, Way of Life doesn’t limit to only one platform.
However, that’s not the only reason to choose it. One of my favorite features of this app is its diary function.
With it, you can quickly write down any meaningful information about a habit. For example, you could write about what you did today and the triggers for bad habits.
I also love the reminder system. With it, you’ll always get notified about your tasks, so you won’t forget to complete them.
And then, you also have the analytics page. With it, you can see at a glance how you’re doing with your goals.
- Way of Life has a simple interface that makes routine tracking take only a few seconds.
- Diary Function lets you journal what triggered the bad habit.
- Able to create both good and bad habits.
- Diary Function
- Some Customizability Problems
Do you find goal-tracking apps not so motivating?
If that’s you, then Habitica is the one for you. This app’s team attempts to make this app play like a video game.
You level up a virtual character here by completing your daily habits and finishing your to-dos. However, when you forget to do your dailies, your character loses health points.
But additionally, to level up your character, you also get coins. With them, you can reward yourself with custom rewards you’ve set for yourself or buy new gear for your character!
And to top it all off, Habitica has a very easy-to-use interface. That means you can start setting your goals without a high learning curve.
And the app is 100% Free!
- Join Guilds to complete community challenges & earn more rewards
- Different Types of Goals: Habits (good and bad), To-dos, Dailies (Habits that you do daily)
- Earn Coins to Upgrade your Character or Reward Yourself in the real world.
- Gamification helps achieve goals easier
- Easy-to-Use Interface
- Reward System
- Not for everybody
GoalsOnTrack is an excellent goal-setting software for high achievers. And it does its job exceptionally well!
The main reason behind that is instead of letting you write down a generic goal, it makes you think more about it.
It uses the SMART goal formula, with which you create goals that are achievable and with a plan.
Additionally, GoalsOnTrack also comes with a journaling feature. You can write down all the thoughts and problems you’re currently facing with it.
You can also use it to practice gratitude!
And to top it all off, you can create multiple types of tasks. These include:
- Long-term goals
- And short-term goals
- The Journal feature lets you write down your thoughts, and feelings, and express gratitude.
- SMART Goals assistant makes sure you set yourself realistic and attainable goals with a plan.
- Progress Reports show how well you’ve done in the past.
- Create SMART Goals
- Various Task Types
- Journal Feature
- No free version or trial
By now, we’ve listed out many apps for tracking your personal goals.
However, some of you might be looking for apps to help your team achieve the company’s milestones.
If that’s you, then look no further than ClickUp.
What makes ClickUp so unique is that it aims to give an all-in-one package for team collaboration.
Here, you can set goals, chat with your team, create company milestones, etc.
Another notable thing about ClickUp is how it’s very flexible.
You can make it work for any team or work you need. For example, you can easily adjust this software to work for design teams, financial departments, and many others.
And lastly, I want to mention the dashboard. That is great because it’s very elegantly designed, and you can customize it to your preferences.
You can add almost anything your team needs, making it a fantastic tool!
- Multiple tools in one place: Projects & Tasks, Chat, Goals, and more.
- Templates for creating task management for any work you need.
- Goals let you see how far you’re from a significant milestone.
- All-in-One Team Collaboration app
- Customizable Dashboard
- It takes some time to get used to.
If you’re looking to create habits, and reach your biggest milestones, then Habitify is one of the best apps for it. That’s for a couple of reasons.
For starters, creating a new habit is easy. Here’s the process:
- Write down your habit
- Add cues
- Start your habit
And then just start developing the habit, and recording it there.
Once you’ve tracked your habit for some time, you then can check out the reports. You can view your performance in various graphs, showing you where you can work on.
And to top it all off, Habitify can be used on various platforms. You could use it for your iPhone, Android phone, MacBook, and your Windows PC through their website.
So, that means, you can use it anywhere!
- Simple Habit Creation lets you quickly create new habits with your preferences
- Reports show your performance from various perspectives, giving you feedback.
- Streaks help you to stay motivated and not break the chain.
- Simple Habit Creation
- Can’t make repeating habits
Next up, we have Lattice. That is yet another excellent software for creating new milestones, thanks to its impressive features.
For starters, Lattice has some fantastic feedback features.
For example, each team member can periodically rate each member, giving you valuable feedback on your usefulness in your team.
Lattice makes it clear how employees can climb the career ladder within your team.
For example, you can tell the requirements for going to the next level (aka getting promoted).
And to top it all off, Lattice has some great integrations.
For example, you can integrate Lattice with all the Google tools, Microsoft apps, and even Slack, making your workdays more efficient.
- Growth Plans make internal career growth clear.
- Two different ways to track goals: Goals (Short-term) and OKRs (long-term)
- Analytics lets you see how well you and your team are doing.
- Feedback Systems
- Great Integrations
- Growth Tools
- Slight Learning Curve
ATracker is more than just a goal-setting app.
Additionally, for setting goals, ATracker is great for tracking your time.
That is highly beneficial as you can see what you are spending the most time at and where you can still improve upon.
Then it also makes it great for goal setting. That’s because you can create multiple types of them. For example, you can create weekly or daily goals.
These will help you achieve long-term goals while also building habits.
And lastly, ATracker also has Widgets. With them, you can view your current objectives on your home screen without opening the app.
- Time Tracking lets you see how you use your time
- Widgets allow you to see your weekly & daily goals without launching the app.
- Alarm reminders ensure that you won’t forget to complete any tasks.
- Time Tracking
- Set both weekly & daily goals
- No Free Version Available
Continuing down the list, we have Toodledo. It’s an app that aims to help you get more done in your own way. And it achieves this goal very well.
Toodledo has many default goal formats you can create.
You could create daily habits, short-term goals, and much more. But the addition to that, it also offers other features like the ability to take notes, lists, outlines, and more.
Another notable feature is Toodledo’s alarm system. With it, Toodledo will notify you to complete all your day’s goals, so you’ll keep on track with your plans.
However, its interface is really unpleasant, which is a setback.
- Alarms remind you to do your to-dos and habits.
- Cross-platform syncing lets you look at your goals anywhere you are.
- Strong Feature set
- Reminders to not forget any tasks
- Ugly interface
Ally.io is yet another excellent goal-tracking app for teams and businesses! And that’s because of the fantastic features it has.
First, you can create two plans in this app. You can add your company goals and tasks to the team plan, which everyone can view.
However, you can also use it to create personal projects through private plans.
Ally.io has a very intuitive OKR dashboard. With it, you can view how your business is going and if it is meeting your quarterly objectives.
That helps you to make some changes if needed.
And lastly, Ally.io has impressive reporting systems.
For example, with Ally.io, you can check to find out your employees’ job satisfaction scores, how well you’re doing with your habits, and so much more.
- OKR Dashboard lets you see how your team’s progress with long-term goals.
- Get reports on Job Satisfaction, Habit Building, and so much more.
- Newsfeed lets you see weekly plans and the problems of your team.
- Team & Private Plans
- Reporting System
- OKR Dashboard
- Some Features Missing
And ending this list, we have Streaks. It’s yet another impressive goal-tracking app for personal use. That is due to the fantastic features it offers.
For starters, Streaks has a straightforward design. While that might not help you achieve your goals, it makes using it straightforward.
Additionally to that, you can create multiple types of tasks. These include:
- Timed Tasks – Tasks where you need to achieve a target in a given period. For example, going to the gym three times a week.
- Negative Tasks – These are the bad habits you want to eliminate!
- Positive Tasks – This is for the habits you want to implement in your life.
And to make it even better, Streaks offers you widgets. With them, you can see all the tasks you need to complete this day without even launching your app.
- Widgets let you see your
- Multiple Task Types let you create positive tasks, timed tasks, and negative ones.
- Streaks work with Apple Health, recording all your health tasks.
- Simple Design
- Multiple Task Types
- Only for Apple Products
Continuing down the list, we have Coach.me! It’s yet another excellent software for tracking your goals.
That’s primarily because of one thing, and it’s the support. This app has a big community of people, who you can ask any question you have in the Q&A section.
Then you can also get some coaching calls if you wish.
But that’s not all!
What differentiates Coach.me from other goal tracking apps is that it’s not only available for mobile; you can also use it with your smartwatch like Apple Watch, making it more intuitive to use.
And to top it all off, Coach.me has a straightforward interface. That makes it straightforward to use and track your new habits.
- Powerful Support: Get answers in the Q&A section, or pay for coaching.
- Use it on Both mobile phone and smartwatch
- Keep yourself motivated by setting reminders and getting props from friends and the community
- Flexible Goals
- Powerful Support
- Simple Interface
- The app can be a bit buggy.
Continuing down the list is Dreamfora. It’s yet another great software for tracking your personal goals.
For starters, Dreamfora is 100% free. That means you’ll never have to pay for any features and get the most out of it on day one!
Additionally, Dreamfora has a unique feature called “Pre-Made Plans.”
This feature is handy as it lets you create an action plan for one of your goals with just a click of a button. And there are hundreds to choose from.
And to top it all off, you also have an Analytics page. You can see how well you’ve been performing and where you could still improve upon.
- Pre-Made Plans lets you create a plan for achieving a goal with just a tap of a button.
- Notes let you learn valuable tips about productivity.
- Create milestones, tasks, and habits.
- 100% Free
- Pre-Made Plans
- Analytics Page
- Repetitive Quotes
And those were the sixteen best apps & software for tracking your goals. So now all that is left is to pick the one that suits you the most.
That’s the only way you’ll benefit from reading this article.
So look at each platform and the pros and cons!
Then just pick the one that fulfills most of your needs, and then you’ll see yourself achieving your biggest goals.