Gmail is becoming the universal email service with every passing day; almost everyone we know has a Gmail account. Google has made its email service a success by providing powerful and unique features, along with ensuring that it’s simple and easy to use.
But although Gmail tops the charts when compared to other free email services in terms of most users, this does not mean it’s perfect. It is simple to use, alright, it has some pretty impressive features too, but professional work on the platform without any aiding extensions can be a tedious task.
The average office employee spends hours on end every day hanging around in their inboxes, which reduces their productivity by scores. You might have experienced it yourself when you find out half of your workday is spent just reading and replying to emails when you come back to the office after the weekend.
The email was invented to communicate in a time-saving manner. It’s quite evident that when employees spend 4-5 hours every day just reading and writing emails, the purpose it was invented for gets nullified. However, things don’t need to be like this. There are various Gmail add-ons out there you can use to save tons of time and energy.
If you are an employer looking for time-saving tools for your employees or if you’re looking for the best Gmail add-ons to add to your personal email, here is a list of the 15 best Gmail add-ons to try.
- 1. Dropbox For Gmail
- 2. Zoom For Gmail
- 3. Checker Plus For Gmail
- 4. Trello For Gmail
- 5. SmartSheet For Gmail
- 6. Grammarly For Gmail
- 7. Mailstrom For Gmail
- 8. Todoist for Gmail
- 9. Right Inbox For Gmail
- 10. Gmelius For Gmail
- 11. Clearbit Connect For Gmail
- 12. Sortd for Gmail
- 13. Boomerang For Gmail
- 14. DocuSign For Gmail
- 15. Flowcrypt For Gmail
Every once in a while, you receive a high-priority email carrying a high-priority document, and it just sitting there in the midst of the usual work email list. Without proper organization, things can get very complicated and frustrating.
Especially when you’re in a hurry and scuttling through all the emails to find the one document you need.
Or you could alternatively use Dropbox, the Gmail add-on that lets you instantly drop important files you need without having to leave Gmail and keep it all organized in a secure and time-saving manner. You can also attach files to your email directly from your Dropbox with this add-on.
- Ample Storage Space
- High Security – Two Factor Authentication, Encrypted Data
- Free for all Dropbox users up to 100 GB
Zoom is a great add-on to have, especially when most of us work remotely as we transition out of the pandemic.
Zoom has emerged to be a fantastic platform for conducting online business meetings, work collaborations, classes, and more.
You may be wondering why you’d need an add-on when you already have Zoom installed on your PC or smartphone.
We can tell you that you can be much more productive when you don’t have to switch between multiple windows or apps, but you can only realize the full extent of the helpfulness of this add-on when you try it for yourself.
- Create events/schedule Zoom meetings directly from your inbox
- Invite email senders/recipients to meetings
- Save times by automatically setting meeting agenda and description
- Free for standard Zoom users
- Pro – $14.99 per month
- Business – $19.99 per month
- Enterprise – $19.99 per month
This Gmail add-on is tailor-made for you if you have to manage two or more Gmail accounts. It works as a Chrome extension and enables you to check, read, delete or mark emails as spam without having to open a separate Gmail tab.
Just click on the discreet Checker Plus icon, and it will open a sleek panel displaying all your emails from the email accounts you have logged in to.
Not only does it save you from the trouble of switching between two email accounts, but it also ensures you get prompt notifications every time an email arrives in any of your inboxes.
- Manage multiple Gmail accounts simultaneously
- Skins and themes
- Voice and Video emails
- Do not disturb mode
- Free Gmail extension. Gain access to extra features by contributing money.
Trello is a unique Gmail add-on developed for project management and to keep things organized.
It lets you create new cards from emails without having to leave your inbox and organize those cards into different boards.
Trello is a management app/to-do list that can easily integrate with Gmail and will automatically turn emails into tasks and events with just a single click.
- Instantly share files and URLs with your team
- Other team members can also add tasks or mark them complete
- Email subjects are automatically used as card titles
- Free version for all Trello users
- Business Class – $9.99 per month
SmartSheet is a fantastic database software used by businesses worldwide.
If your enterprise uses SmartSheet too, then its add-on for Gmail is a must-have for you and your employees.
SmartSheet for Gmail empowers you to store emails, attachments, and conversations into new or existing rows in your SmartSheet database, all without having to leave Gmail.
- Give context to your emails or rows – you can add emails as a comment to rows directly from Gmail
- Organize email attachments effortlessly
- Available for all SmartSheet users
No matter how passionate or professional you are about your job, one grammar or spelling mistake in your email can make a massive difference. When you have to reply to dozens of emails, one tries to wind things up quickly, and while doing that, they are bound to make a few writing mistakes.
Wouldn’t it just be great to have your grammar assistant right there in your Gmail that would point out a fault in your text every time you’re writing an email? Grammarly is precisely what you need!
Grammarly will not only point out wrong spelling and grammar, but it will also help you set the tone for your emails and achieve your targets better. Furthermore, it is a great way to learn and improve your writing skills!
- Improve your sentences
- Set target audience and writing goals
- Weekly stats on your writing
- Works on all sites on Chrome
- Grammarly standard is free
- Paid plans start from $29.95 per month
Not all emails in our inbox are important or, let alone of any interest to us. While our inboxes are full of spam, promotion, and social media emails, they take up a lot of valuable inbox storage space.
On top of that, the large amount of unread, unwanted emails can lead to a large amount of unnecessary stress for an employee. There is no doubt that hundreds of unread promotional and spam emails are an overwhelming sight, especially when many of us are running after the “Inbox Zero” target.
To achieve inbox zero, we will inevitably have to delete hundreds of emails hanging in our inbox. And doing this is not an easy task with Gmail. Mailstrom lets you do it with ease.
- Lets you group hundreds of emails according to date, size, and sender
- Allows you to take mass action, mark them read, archive, or delete
- Free trial available. Paid plans start from $9 per month
To-do lists are a part of every successful person’s success story. Todoist helps you create to-do lists on the go and assists you in breaking down big tasks into small steps.
When integrated with Gmail, Todoist will help you create to-do lists or tasks directly from emails. It’ll help you sort your work in order of priority and give you timely reminders and notifications.
- Lets you set tasks and deadlines from your inbox
- Mark tasks completed from your inbox
- Free for all Todoist users
Right Inbox is not just an ordinary Gmail add-on that lets you set tasks and reminders from your inbox. There’s much more to it that helps you save a lot of time which you would otherwise spend on repetitive and boring tasks.
With Right Inbox, you can schedule multiple emails to be sent at the date and time of your choice and create automated follow-ups to emails, taking a lot of responsibility off your shoulders.
This add-on also lets you create and save different signatures so you can effortlessly add them in a couple of clicks wherever needed.
- Email Templates
- Email Tracking
- Allows you to take notes on individual emails
- Free for up to 10 emails per month
- Unlimited emails cost $7.95 per month
Gmelius is one of the most useful Gmail add-ons out there. It can do all the things that any other Gmail add-on can do and much more than that! This is a shared inbox and CRM that can do wonders for you if added to Gmail.
Ranging from email templates and scheduled emails to personalizing your inbox, Gmelius empowers you to make the most out of your time and energy.
The free version has quite a few handy features, but paid versions unlock extra-handy ones.
- Shared inboxes
- Shared labels
- Automate follow-up emails and other repetitive tasks
- Allows for seamless collaboration between different departments
- Free version available
- Paid version with extra features starts at $12 per user per month
We often get an email from an anonymous email address, and we’re left puzzled about who sent you this. This, of course, happens when the sender forgets to sign the email, but it happens often.
Not only does Clearbit Connect help you identify the sender of an email, but it also helps you find emails from a specific company. This add-on enables you to clear all the uncertainties and save a great deal of time.
- Discover details about the sender
- Get contact info about employees of a company
- Search for a person and find their contact and social links
- Free for up to 100 email searches per month
12. Sortd for Gmail
Notes taken at the right time are the most time-saving thing on the planet, and Sortd empowers you to take notes empowered by technology. If you’re already a Sortd user, great, but even if you aren’t, you can make a great deal more out of your time if you add Sortd to your Gmail.
Sortd saves a lot of the time you spend going through emails and then noting down the vital information from them.
- Drag and drop organization
- Add notes and reminders to emails
- Rename subject lines
- Kanban boards
- Free plan with limited features
- Premium features come at $6 per user per month
If you want to turn the time spent on your Gmail more productive, please install this add-on. When it comes to managing and scheduling emails, Boomerang does not fail to impress.
Boomerang for Gmail is great for email outreach productivity. Its AI features help in various ways to improve your email and achieve your targets.
- Send mass emails
- Schedule emails
- Track emails
- Save email templates
- Free for up to 10 message credits per month
- Paid packages start from $4.99 per month
The world is moving fast, fast enough that we don’t have time to wait for manually signed papers. Technology has enabled people to sign documents digitally, and you need to make the most out of it to save time.
With DocuSign, you won’t have to print a document, sign it and then scan it to send it back. This procedure is reduced to two clicks with this Gmail add-on.
- Choose and save Multiple Templates
- Send reminders to others to send signed documents
- Send signable documents from Gmail
- Encrypted data security
- Add-on is free for all DocuSign users
This Gmail add-on is a necessity for you if your emails contain sensitive information. Whether you’re a government official, work in cybersecurity or simply want your data to be safe, Flowcrypt can secure your info in one click.
- Extra secure emails
- End-to-end encryption
- Encrypt text and files
- Allows you to receive encrypted emails
- Free for up to 100 users
There we go – you’ve 15 Gmail add-ons to help you become more productive and solve multiple problems, collaborate better and much more.
Let us know your favorite in the comments.