Founded in 2009, Olark is a fully remote team with members of the workforce distributed all over the world. Claiming to serve more than 15,000 businesses.
Olark is a cloud-based live chat solution that authorizes businesses to effectively communicate with customers through their website.
You can integrate Olark with the HTML code of the website and offer users to add live chat choices across all website pages.
One of the stand out features is the targeted chat automation which allows you to begin interacting with any visitor, valuable data gathering, and information such as contact details and location.
Offered with advanced dashboards and customized reports Olark lets you monitor agent performance and activity. Users are able to view the customer service process to make better decisions concerning customer satisfaction enhancement.
Olark allows different and simple ways to customize the appearance of your chat window. To customize design options go to your Olark dashboard, select Settings, go to the Design menu option.
You have the power to choose a color wheel or hex number to merge in your business brand and website colors. Where you can select the primary color used for the top of the chat window, as well as the colors in the background and chat bubbles.
Moving down the menu, you have Button Style where you can choose Desktop chat button text from Text or Icon options in minimized view.
Desktop Version (Button Style Text)
Desktop Version (Button Style Icon)
The Button Style options are only available for Desktop versions.
Size & Position
To merge chat boxes in your site, go down with the Size & Position options where you can choose the position and size of the Chatbox.
Upon selecting Advanced Appearance, there are three options with checkbox selection. Hide chatbox on mobile to shield chatbox from the mobile screen, Use right-to-left language, Disable rounded corners or sharp corners as per your website design for better convenience.
2. Text & Forms
Formally known as behavior settings, allows you to customize the advanced display as well as bubble and expanded window text used in the chat. The online option is when you have support staff ready to interact.
Each selection has a clear preview on the right sidebar to see your editing practices.
If the support team is not available to interact with potential customers for time zone differences, you can let visitors still send messages which will be sent to you directly as an email.
To add a pre-chat form that gathers contact data as name, email, and initial message with a simple drag-and-drop interface.
Within the Settings tab still, there’s another menu option for Automation. This feature helps you to send automated messages based on the potential customer’s browsing data, referring location, or URL.
Reports and statistical data are a beneficial way to recognize agents’ performance and live chat’s helpfulness to your business.
To keep in check with individual performance agents can check reports as well as manually email themselves a CSV report of chat data over a particular time period.
5. Searchable Transcripts
In the transcripts dashboard, you can see interactions in your Olark chatbox. You can filter out results by keywords, tags, and date range along with visitor name, location, email, and chat ratings. This collected data helps you improve and keep track of your communication with visitors.
6. Real-Time Engagement
Olark’s immediate access allows you to respond to queries in real-time for support staff and salespeople. Interacting with potential customers based on their browsing behavior makes your conversation more fruitful to them.
Power-ups authorize Olark plan to elevate. You can add, update, swap, or delete power-ups any time with feature fees. Power-ups basically act as specialized features for customer sales and services.
You can detach the Olark branding marked as ‘Powered by Olark’ and link from your chat box which enables you to customize colors that match your business brand strategies.
These are current events that visitors are interested in which involve age and gender bracket, company, industry, job title, and social profile links to Facebook, Linked In, Twitter, and Instagram.
The ability to share the screen and the web page with the person you’re currently interacting with.
Live Chat Translation
Able to automatically detect your visitor’s language based on collected location information. Live chat translation translates visitor and agent chats in real-time, offering chat-by-chat control of language and translation settings. If you’ve potential customers all over the world reaching out for your services, you’re able to talk with them from more than 100 languages.
Olark provides various stages of admin access allowing the business agent to interact with visitors as well as customers. Whereas the admin stage is restricted to a single account and authorizes a primary operator to add and remove agents, regulate account settings, and delete accounts as required. Olark offers a 256bit SSL protocol standard on all plans, and visitors are able to log in with Google and Apple applications.
9. Dedicated Monitoring Page
In case you’re facing difficulty accessing chat and you’re not confident if issues are on your end, a dedicated monitoring page tells you the status of their system.
Pricing & Plans
Olark is free to get started. The pricing starts at $19/month per agent. However, if you pay annually, you can save 21% and pay $15/month.
I’d recommend taking the free trial and decide if you’re going to use the tool for the long term. Because when you choose to pay for 2 years, you save 37% on regular pricing.
How to integrate Olark live chat to the WordPress site?
Integrating Olark to WordPress sites is super easy. The process can be done in two ways which are plugin and manual.
1. To Integrate with a manual install.
Step 1: Sign in to your WordPress admin panel.
Step 2: From the Appearance menu, access the Widgets section.
Step 3: Add a Text Widget in any active widget area your site has which is loaded on every single page view of your site.
Step 4: Select ‘Copy to clipboard’ to save your chat box embed code.
Step 5: Leave the Title space vacant. Place your code into the Text Widget.
Step 6: Save the Text Widget, and you’re done.
Pivotal Note: These steps are for self-hosted WordPress ‘.org’ sites, as of now, Olark is unable to add to a WordPress ‘.com’ blog.
2. To integrate with a plugin install.
Step 1: Take a glance at the official Olark website and log in by selecting a convenient plan.
Step 2: Sign in to your WordPress admin panel.
Step 3: Access Plugins > Add New from the menu.
Step 4: Search for ‘Olark Live Chat’.
Step 5: Select ‘Install Now’ on the ‘Olark Live Chat’ plugin by ‘Olark’.
Step 6: Activate the plugin.
Step 7: Navigate to Settings > Olark Settings to connect your Site ID and enable the chatbox.
Step 8: Click on save, and you’re all done! Try refreshing your website, in case the chatbox does not appear instantly.
Olark plugin allows you to change the language of the chatbox within the settings with the localization option.
To add API calls within the plugin: Settings > Olark Settings > Advanced API Settings
- Makes chat interaction between your services and customers as frictionless as possible.
- The user interface is easy to learn and to use.
- Live chat with potential customers/visitors whenever they visit your website services.
- Simple to locate chat without instructions.
- Effortless customized pre-written responses to provide live efficient assistance right away.
- Easy to search previously-stored chats data.
- Summarised reports of the potential customer’s internet browser and data of the page they’re using in your services.
- Responsive and helpful customer support.
- Polished integration implementation with customized options that match with look and feel of your website.
Scope Of Improvement
- Olark’s Xabber for Android, Trillian for iOS applications lack functionalities for end-users to interact better with potential customers that reach out via chat.
- More options necessary to customize the theme of the chat widget.
- The analysis Olark offers is seen to be accurate and easy to view, however, companies prefer in-depth assessment into the detailed information to better acknowledge the impact of a project on particular operations.
- Unreliable message receiving and sending at astonishingly delayed rates must be improved.
- More options are vital to edit the theme of the chat widget.
- Chat programs should provide shift return options to put a page break in your text for step-by-step directions.
- Interfaces require enhancement when dealing with a huge stream of visitors.
- Chat alerts must be more visible for the sales and support team in order to not miss important customer chats.
- Olark is not taking advantage of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, or Natural Language Processing systems. While on the contrary, competitor applications offering advanced services at affordable rates.
Tools to Consider
|How to provide great service?||
||Groove, Help Scout, Zendesk|
|How to increase sales?||
||BigCommerce, Google Analytics, WordPress|
|How to generate leads?||
||HubSpot, MailChimp, Salesforce|
Return On Investment
- More approachability to tackle customer questions.
- Business owners aren’t required to hire extra employees for traditional customer support which gives a positive outlook on employee payroll.
- Coupon offers when previous or new customer chats with the support team have a higher prospect of keeping them on the site services and completing the sales cycle.
- Business services don’t suffer from turnaround sales where potential customers face issues with payment or other services.
- Customer satisfaction with responding to inquiries efficiently and rapidly than ever before.
- Competitive Olark pricing brings positive ROI.
Likelihood To Recommend
Olark is promising and well suited for implementation at the same time, there’s still some room for improvement.
Your quick response time helps users with suggestions.
Moreover, you can see the customer’s path through the website and you can put clickable links while you interact with the potential customer to a product or a service page.
To increase sales, you’re also able to view if customers actually clicked on the link and followed your guidance. In the end, the customer can rate the chat experience, authorizing you to collect satisfaction data.
If you’re a small or medium business owner requiring live chat services with minimal effort, Olark is suited for implementation even if you’ve little to no technical background. We’re eager to know how your experience goes with Olark live chat, do keep us updated.