There’s no doubt in the fact that content is the king. The additional SEO tricks or fancy CRM software don’t matter as much as the content because it plays a pivotal role in enabling conversions and driving leads.
In the case that you create your content or even outsource it to a team or agency, you are probably aware of the huge hindrance in the process- the actual production. There are a lot of hurdles to cross to produce your high-quality content. This is where StoryChief comes into the picture.
As per StoryChief, about 80% of a creator’s time is wasted on redundant and repetitive tasks like collaboration, posting to different channels, and juggling between draft versions.
Therefore, StoryChief offers an elegant solution to these issues.
You can now focus on the process’s meat, that is, the content, while StoryChief takes care of the repetitive and boring tasks relating to its production. Thus, improving your quality and conversion rate has become easier now with this incredible content tool.
- StoryChief Overview
- Pros of StoryChief
- Cons of StoryChief
- How to use Text Editor to write your story/post in StoryChief?
- How to add high-quality images to your story/post in StoryChief?
- How to format the text in StoryChief for a better reading experience?
- How to enable SEO and Readability for your story/post in Storychief?
- How to create a summary for your story/post in StoryChief?
- How to publish stories/posts to different channels with StoryChief?
- How to use Social Media Posts in StoryChief?
- How to collaborate with StoryChief Campaigns?
- How to use the free blog (William) in StoryChief?
- How to Integrate all your platform with StoryChief?
- StoryChief Pricing Plans
- StoryChief Customer support
There are specific tools for SEO content management, analytics, data management, and social media offered by StoryChief. It is also relatively affordable for both a limited free plan and premium plans with a starting price of $12 per month for an annual payment mode.
With StoryChief, you can use the editor to create blog posts or stories, collaborate on posts, publish to various channels directly, and track your campaigns’ performance. The best part is that all of this can be done from a single easy-to-use dashboard.
StoryChief takes extra effort to make the content creation process easy for everyone and so walks you through each of their features in a way that you can immediately start your content creation process.
Moreover, it integrates with more than 60 leading software tools like Magento, WordPress, Facebook, Zapier, Buffer, MailerLite, Mail Chimp, and more. It means that you can utilize this one app to do an extensive range of content operations that can be immensely fruitful to your cause.
Pros of StoryChief
- StoryChief is a content marketing automation tool that effectively does all the heavy lifting for you with its varied and efficient tools.
- It allows users to retain their SEO score while resolving to publish the same content on various platforms- duplicate content.
- It gets the content out there via as many channels to as many viewers as possible.
- The SEO and readability tools to optimize engagement are easy to use and intensive.
- Collaboration is made a piece of cake with StoryChief.
- It also acts as a perfect alternative to Google Drive when working on articles with different authors.
Cons of StoryChief
- To publish your content, there is an uneven distribution of channels. It does accommodate different platforms but could add more like Pinterest and Convert Kit.
- The Referral Marketing feature is not developed completely. It doesn’t allow users to edit the forms or change their appearance.
- There isn’t enough control given to editors or creators on their content once it is published.
Now let’s dive into the latest features offered by StoryChief and how you can bring out the best from each:
How to use Text Editor to write your story/post in StoryChief?
Story Chief allows you to create content from scratch. This is a huge time saver as it will enable you to conserve the time and energy spent on going back and forth to edit posts.
Moreover, key SEO statistics like text length, images, links, the position of key phrases, and more are shown to you as you write. This option can be disabled if you feel this may distract you in the writing process.
After this, you can then select your target audience and publish it via the editor itself. Thanks to its clean, easy-to-use interface that makes it commendable content software. It lets you know exactly how your content will look like when published on your different channels.
To use this feature, all you have to do is follow the simple steps given below:
- To begin, first, you will have to create a story from your dashboard.
Alternatively, you can also click on ‘new story’ from your stories page if you already have some stories drafted or published.
- Once you click on it, you will see the editor page to start writing and creating your story.
- Now, you can type your story which you want to publish.
How to add high-quality images to your story/post in StoryChief?
- To add images to your story, you can see a media embedded bar below each line you write. From there, you have to tap on the ‘add image’ option.
- When you click on add image, it offers you two options:
You can either upload the image from your PC,
Or you can search for the free stock images.
If you want to insert a free stock image, type a keyword into the search box and press enter. For instance, I want to search for ‘dog’ images to write dog in the search box, and it will show me a gallery of related images to the dog.
- Now pick any one image of your choice and add it to your story.
- In case you want to edit the image, tap on it to change multiple aspects of the same.
Here you can take care of the following options:
- You can change the size of the image in the story. You might not be able to view larger options due to the actual size of the image.
- It is always recommended to add a link to the image so that if any user wants that image, they can click on it and get it.
- Use alt text for the images to describe what an image is all about. It helps users know the image and boosts the search engine visibility of your story.
- You can also directly edit (crop, add shapes, rotate, apply filters) the image inside the StoryChief editor.
- Add a caption to the image to describe it.
How to format the text in StoryChief for a better reading experience?
To format your text, you can select a certain section of your text and get the formatting toolbar. From there, you can use the following options:
- Bold your text
- Use italics in your text.
- Underline the important text
- Small text
- Insert links to external sites
- Structure the article using H2, H3 and H4
- Make a bullet point list for features etc.
How to enable SEO and Readability for your story/post in Storychief?
- To begin, click on the indicators for SEO and Readability.
- Now you should be able to spot a sidebar meant for optimization of the given story. There will be two sections here called “SEO” and “Readability.”
- To enable easy identification of suggestions that require action, the app uses color-coding. In case a specific part of the story needs any additions or changes, “Edit” and “show” links will be displayed. You can click on them and go directly there.
The suggestions are regularly updated in real-time, and attending to one such suggestion and making corrections would increase the total score. 100% is the aim!
- To tailor suggestions, you can add a focus keyphrase. The topic of the story works as a good keyphrase usually.
Now, with a set key phrase, StoryChief will give you tips on how you can improve your story for better engagement.
- Once you complete writing with SEO metrics, you can proceed to the ‘summary’ option.
How to create a summary for your story/post in StoryChief?
You can use the summary section to know how your story will exactly appear when shared on different pages, social and email channels.
Here you can see two options- Story details and SEO settings.
Understory details, you can find:
- Cover image: It displays the preview image (featured) of your story. You can customize it as and when required in the StoryChief editor itself.
- Excerpt: A short description of what your story describes.
- Author: You can select a user from your workspace as the author of your story.
- Category: It best conveys the theme of your story.
- Tags: It shows certain words that are related to your story topic.
With SEO settings, you can preview how your story will perform in the search engine.
How to publish stories/posts to different channels with StoryChief?
You can head over the audience tab to activate the channels and schedule the timings where and when you want to publish your story.
Here you can see the channels that you have connected with your workspace. These are structured into different categories. Either you can scroll through the whole page or choose one by one from the sidebar shown above.
Note: You need at least one personal website to publish your story. It is advisable to set your personal website as the primary channel so that all the traffic can be directed to it.
Now that you have done all the work on your story, it’s time to publish it and make it available for the readers. To publish your story successfully, follow the given steps:
- Tap on ‘publish’ in the menu bar located at the top.
- Now you can see on which channels your story will be published. Click on ‘confirm’ to continue.
Whoa! You’re done.
How to use Social Media Posts in StoryChief?
It is well known that Social media and SEO are two of the three most valuable tenets of digital marketing, with the third tenet being emailed.
In the above section, you created a post via StoryChief, selected the channels you wish to use, and published the post.
However, there are also helpful templates to enhance your post via various content types like press releases, videos, and case studies.
The best part is that by connecting StoryChief with your email marketing software, you can use it to make better emails.
To do so, follow the simple steps mentioned below:
- Once you log into your StoryChief account, choose the “Social posts” Option.
2. Next, click on the “+” symbol to create a new social post.
4. The initial step now would be to connect to your social channels with the StoryChief and, after that, choose the channels in which you would want to publish this post by toggling them on and off, respectively.
5. As you can see, there is a template or a master message displayed on the right. This would be a default for all channels. You would then have to write a message and confirm the type of content. The options available for the type of content are:
- Image- You can include an image along with your social post by clicking on this option.
- Story-You can link the social post to a story created via StoryChief using this option. You will have to select your story when the sidebar opens ups.
- Link-You can attach a link or URL to your work via this.
- Video- Using this, you can also upload a video along with the original post.
Now that your template/master message is set, you can edit it to suit individual channels. It is recommended to have a unique message based on the platform and audience. You can also customize the publishing time to each channel.
6. Once the post is created, you can click on either “Publish” or “Schedule” in the menu bar.
How to collaborate with StoryChief Campaigns?
Why go for less when you can take on digital marketing in its full swing for your work by creating whole campaigns. The campaign tool in StoryChief will allow you to start, track and manage your campaign using easy tools and functions.
A campaign window can be set; roles can be assigned, a calendar can be set up along with viewing analytics and creating posts. The best part of it all is the sheer easiness with which an entire campaign can be made via StoryChief. No waste of time, no hassle.
Here’s how you can do it:
- Inside your StoryChief account, locate and visit the Campaigns tab.
- There will be a “+ new campaign” option. Click on it.
- Fill in the necessary details like campaign name, running time, and description.
- If you want, you can also add members of your team to the campaign creation process. Each member will get notifications to update on any changes.
- There will be a “Save and proceed” option. Click on this when you are done with your essential work. This campaign can then be found on your overview page.
Add existing posts and stories to the campaign.
- First, locate the content you wish to include in your campaign on your Stories or Social posts page.
- Then select the campaign to want these details included and add the content using the dropdown feature. Once done, you can click on the “Update” button.
How to use the free blog (William) in StoryChief?
William is the blogging platform offered by StoryChief and has more than 100 commendable features. Here is a shortlist of a few of the same:
- Keyword insights
- SEO and performance top scores
- Drive leads
- Thought Leader Community access
- Shout outs to blog post authors
- Blog enhancements
You mainly won’t be using Storychief singularly, but it sure is a handy additional feature.
Here’s how you can use it:
- Once you log into StoryChief, you will find “William” on the menu bar.
- After which, you can go about creating or editing your blog posts as usual.
Disabling William blog
If you want, you can disable this channel as well:
- Locate the dropdown menu and select Channels
- Click on “William”
- Now select the Deactivate tab.
- Tap on confirm
If you wish to activate your blog again, you can do so with the same process as above, and your previous articles will be published once more.
How to Integrate all your platform with StoryChief?
Via StoryChief, you can connect to all your platforms so that one-click publishing is possible. Ranging from Webflow to WordPress, this app can connect you to a wide range of channels.
The method of connecting channels is extremely simple, and StoryChief constantly adds more channels. In the case that you have a custom website, you can request your webmaster to use the API to add your website.
In case that your website is not using one of the platforms that StoryChief natively supports, you use their public API to connect with it. Once this connection is made, you can directly publish your stories. With the help of their API, you can create the perfect customized integration for your website and team.
- Go to your ‘channels list’ from the sidebar navigation.
- Select the “Custom Website” option in the category of your website.
- Use the green button to add your destination. Each destination refers to each of your websites. So then, from here, each customized website will be counted as a separate destination.
- By following the steps given, you will be able to make the integration. You can ask your developer to do this as well.
- Click “Save” and add webhook.
In case your website is developed using AEM- Adobe Experience Manager, and you wish to publish from StoryChief, kindly contact [email protected] or +32 485 08 55 13.
StoryChief Pricing Plans
StoryChief offers a forever free plan that includes the following set of features:
- Access to Online editor
- Collaborate and Invite team members
- approval of Document
- Multi-channel publishing
This impressive list of features is definitely enough to get you started, but most marketers will want an upgrade after a point. The base plan is the Essential plan.
This is a must-have for small teams who want to publish multi-channeled content.
This is priced at $12 per seat per month and is billed annually. With this plan, you can publish unlimited stories and content, measure article performance, remove branding by StoryChief, use the advanced word tracker and UTM tracking.
Next is the Pro plan, meant for professional content teams with greater and advanced collaborations. This is billed annually at $24 per seat per month.
With this plan, you can use all features given in the essential plan and smart content calendars, editorial briefings, version history, customizable posts per social media channel, and scheduled posts.
The highest plan is the Custom plan is meant mainly for businesses that require tailored configuration and onboarding. This is priced at $65 per seat per month.
Here you can enjoy all features given in the pro plan and a dedicated account manager, managed onboarding setup and support, multiple workspaces, and extra customization and configuration to suit your business.
StoryChief Customer support
StoryChief offers a dedicated Help center where you can voice your problems on their website.
If you don’t find the answer you are looking for, you can send them an email at [email protected], and they will revert at the earliest.
If you wish to simplify your content marketing process, then StoryChief is the best way to achieve it!
It makes the creation, management, and publishing of content very easy such that anyone can do it! Try for yourself now!