Doodles or also known as whiteboard animation videos are amazing.
They are highly engaging and don’t require you to stay in front of the camera.
They work extremely well when you need to create an explanatory video.
And with the right tools, making a Doodle video should take you just a few hours instead of days.
So in this list, we’ll show you the 12 best tools (online and offline) out there to create Doodle videos.
Starting off, we have one of the most popular doodle video makers called Doodly.
It’s a fantastic tool to make these videos for various reasons.
For starters, it’s straightforward to use. It should only take a few minutes to get familiar with it and start making impressive videos.
To make your life even easier, you can access thousands of free assets you can use.
These include audio files, illustrations, and so much more. You can also change the background and the hand to whatever you want.
However, if you want to match your colors, you’ll have to pay an extra $65. Additionally, you need to have internet access to use this.
Since it’s both easy to use and comes packed with powerful features like SmartDraw, Doodly is an outstanding tool for creating doodle videos for anyone.
That’s why it’s rated #1 on our list.
- Doodly Smart Draw Technology allows you to use imported images in whiteboard animations.
- Customize your video to your liking! Pick your background and the hand with your desired ethnicity.
- Use Voice-over to record your voice in your Doodle video.
- Highly Customizable
- Thousands of Free Assets To Use
- Easy-to-Use Interface
- No offline use
- Color Matching is a Paid Add-on
Continuing down the list is another doodle video maker named “Vyond.”
This software was previously known as GoAnimate, and it offers you a lot. For example, it has a built-in character creator.
With it, you can create a unique character!
You could even create an animated version of yourself.
But apart from that, it’s also effortless to use. It will take you less than an hour before you’re familiar with the editor.
Then you can start making some highly engaging videos.
And to make that easier than ever, Vyond has given you access to an extensive library of assets to use.
You can find different illustrations, audio files, and so much more.
- Pick from multiple themes to create a video that fits your brand.
- Character Creator helps you to create custom characters for your videos.
- Character Creator
- Large Asset Library
- Easy-to-Use Interface
- The lowest tier is very restrictive.
Next up, we have Animaker!
Just like with Vyond, Animaker also has character builders.
They say that you could create billions of unique characters with it.
You can also use it as a regular video editor if you want.
That means you could easily create live-action videos instead of animated ones if you wish.
And once your project is finished, you can export your videos to up to 4K video quality. That’s higher than most of the other doodle video makers.
- With the Character Builder, you can create billions of unique characters.
- Choose from thousands of templates.
- Instantly resize for different social platforms.
- Create both Animations and Live-Actions
- Character Builder
- Up to 4K Video Quality
- No Autosave Feature
RenderForest is yet another impressive doodle video maker, mainly because it does more than that.
With RenderForest, you can create doodle videos, social media graphics, and even websites. So it’s a great tool to have for multiple purposes.
Other than that, another feature that I love is their free previews.
With it, you can see your finished video before you need to pay anything to have your video rendered with premium features like full HD.
After that, RenderForest also comes with hundreds of templates to pick from.
That makes it easy to make any videos you need. That could be an explainer video to an engaging sales pitch for your product.
- Hundreds of video templates to create engaging videos.
- A customizable color palette helps you create a video with your brand colors.
- Explore the library of free assets including music, sound effects, illustrations, and more.
- More than a Doodle Video Maker
- Free Previews
- Hundreds of Themes to choose from.
- Limited free version
Are the previous animators too restrictive and want to do something more customizable?
Well, if you’ve got both animation and illustration skills, then Adobe Animate is for you.
What makes this a great platform is that you’re given control.
You’re not limited by any templates or built-in animations! Instead, you can draw whatever you want and animate it how you like it.
And it makes it easier, thanks to seamless integrations with other Adobe products.
For example, you can quickly import your Photoshop and Illustrator work to your Adobe Animate and give them a natural-looking animation.
However, there’s a thing you should know about it. Not only do you need some skills to create an excellent video, but it has a steep learning curve as well.
So, it might take a few days before you familiarize yourself with it.
Fortunately, there’s an extensive library of tutorials to make it easier to use.
So if you’re ready to learn about it, then Adobe Animate is one of the best tools for making Doodle videos.
- Add your files from Photoshop and Illustrator instantly
- Publish to any platform thanks to the extensive list of export options.
- Use Asset Panel to make your animation faster than ever.
- Unlimited Customizability
- Seamless Integration with Other Adobe Products.
- Extensive Library of Tutorials
- Steep Learning Curve
Explaindio is yet another impressive doodle video maker. That’s because of some unique features it has.
Unlike most doodle video makers, Explaindio allows you to create not only 2D animations but also 3D animations.
And the best part, you don’t need any skills of an animator. After that, you can also import your files.
That can be anything from 2D graphics or 3D models to a specific font.
Unlike others in this article, Explaindio isn’t the most straightforward doodle maker out there.
You require a few hours before you start to understand how to use it to your advantage.
- Create 2D or 3D animations with no experience.
- Choose from hundreds of free assets. These include fonts, audio tracks, images, animations and so on.
- Import custom files, including your own 3D models.
- Create 2D & 3D Animations Without Any Animation Experience
- Import custom files
- Hard to use for first users
Continuing down the list is MySimpleShow.
First, let’s discuss the process of creating doodle videos with it, as it’s a bit different.
Instead of starting with a template, MySimpleShow will ask you questions about the video. And once answered, the AI tries to find the perfect template for your storyline.
And to make Doodle video-making even easier, MySimpleShow has an extensive list of free assets for you to use.
These include sound effects, illustrations, backgrounds, and much more.
When your doodle video is done, then you can either export your video as a file or directly share it with your social media accounts.
Compared to other doodle video makers, MySimpleShow templates aren’t as customizable.
So when you’re going to use this, know that you might not be able to fine-tune it to your liking.
- Smart Storylines help you to create the perfect structure for your video.
- Create videos for any purpose: professional, educational, or personal videos.
- Record your voice.
- Easily share your video on social media.
- Create the perfect storyline by answering questions.
- Thousands of Free Assets to Use.
- Not as customizable
Next up, we have VideoScribe.
It’s yet another great place to make some doodle videos.
That is because of the hundreds of templates you can use. With them, you can boost your video-making speed.
There are templates for almost anything!
Topics included are:
- explainer videos,
- infographics, videos, and more.
You can also access their impressive collection of royalty-free sounds to improve your videos.
With it, you can find the fitting music and sound for your videos that makes them more engaging.
And to top it all off, once you’re ready, you can export your video in various options. These include AVIs, WMVs, and MOVs. You can also share it on social media directly.
- Choose from hundreds of templates to make videos like infographics, animated presentations, and more.
- 8,000+ images and GIFs to use on your videos.
- Create videos with desired dimensions. You could create a square, vertical or horizontal video.
- Large Variety of Export Options
- Extensive Royalty-Free Sound Library
- Hundreds of Templates
- Most graphics are paid.
Next up is PowToon!
It’s yet another impressive tool for creating doodle videos.
What makes this so great is the interface.
It’s straightforward to use! In minutes, you should be familiar with it and start making some impressive doodle videos.
What makes it even easier is their list of templates.
There you should find something that fits your purpose.
For example, you could get templates for advertisements, explainer videos, or even talent-hiring videos! That will save you a lot of time.
But apart from that, PowToon comes with great support.
Not only is the customer service great at answering all your questions, but there are also many tutorial videos to help you get familiar with this software.
- Learn to create amazing doodle videos with their tutorials, live webinars, and training center.
- 100s of Ready-Made Templates help you make video creation faster than ever before.
- Create anything you like 2D or 3D videos.
- Easy-to-Use Interface
- Extensive List of Templates for Any Purpose
- Great Support
- Lots of Paid Content
10. Doodle Maker
Continuing down the list is Doodle Maker.
This tool is straightforward to use. It shouldn’t take you long before you’re familiar with this software, and you start making some impressive doodle videos.
And to help you out with that, Doodle Maker has made sure you’ve got as many assets and templates as possible.
One of the unique features Doodle Maker has is auto-translation.
That means once your video is ready, Doodle Maker will automatically translate your video to another language!
One of the limitations with Doodle Maker is that you can make horizontal videos only.
While it might be okay for most uses, it makes it challenging to create a video that looks good on Instagram.
- AI Background Remover
- 1-Click Language Translation
- Text-to-Speech for 60 languages
- Simple to Use
- Lots of Templates and built-in Assets
- Only horizontal videos are available.
Continuing down the list is Moovly. It’s yet another spectacular software for creating some doodle videos.
Thanks to the well-designed interface, it’s easy to create them.
It should only take you a couple of minutes before you’re thoroughly familiar with this software.
And then you can get your creative juices flowing and make fantastic whiteboard animation videos.
With Moovly, you get access to thousands of free assets. These include images, graphics, stock images, and even videos.
That makes creating your doodle videos that much easier.
And lastly, unlike other software on this list, you can use Moovly on the go.
That’s because it comes with a mobile app for iOS and Android.
- Add artificial voices, generate subtitles, and more with just a click of a button.
- Use the extensive list of assets to make video creation faster.
- Use Moovly mobile up to create videos on the go.
- Simple Interface
- Extensive List of Free graphics, stock images, and videos.
- Mobile App Included
- Works slowly
And ending this list, we have RawShorts. That is one of the best software to start using, especially if you’re a beginner at it.
Well, that’s primarily because of how generous it is with pricing.
Instead of paying a monthly subscription, you can pay per video.
That is especially great for those who aren’t creating doodle videos frequently but need them from time to time.
And to make it quicker than ever, RawShorts has created hundreds of templates for you to choose from.
You can find videos for different purposes, making your life easier.
But what if you don’t have any time to create Doodle videos?
Well, don’t worry, as you can hire talent directly from RawShorts.
Then all you need to do is give them information about the video you want, and they’ll create it for you.
- Collaborate with your team members to make video creation a breeze
- Start with a video template to finish your video quicker than ever before.
- Drag-and-Drop builder makes it easy to create awesome videos.
- Talent Hire
- Hundreds of Templates to Choose
- Generous Free Plan
- Limited customizability on templates
And those were the twelve best tools to create Doodle videos.
I recommend starting with Doodly. It’ll probably be the most suitable Doodle video maker for most of you.
If you don’t like it or find it not suitable for your requirements, try Vyond as is the most powerful tool to create whiteboard animation videos out here.