To-do apps are essential for any productive person’s life.
With them, you can bring focus to your life by planning out your day with tasks to do.
But with so many list apps out there, it might be hard to find the best one for you!
So in this blog post, you’ll learn the 15 best to-do apps available.
Each one is unique, so there should be at least one that works for you.
And if that sounds interesting, then keep on reading.
1. Llama Life
Starting off, we have a fantastic to-do list app named Llama Life. It’s an app that aims to help you focus on your work and finish your to-do lists. And how well it does its job!
What makes this app different from anything else is how differently you cross off your to-dos. Instead of having a list that you can cross anytime, Llama Life uses task timers. With it, you set the amount of time it takes to finish the task, and then the timer starts!
That encourages you to focus on the task at hand so you complete it in time. But that’s not all! When the timer counts down, Llama Life encourages you to stay on task with chimes, increasing focus much more.
But in addition to the genius take on to-do lists, Llama Life also has a clean and elegant interface. That makes it effortless for you to pick this to-do list app up and become productive.
And to top it all off, Llama life also has a free plan available. And it’s incredibly generous as you can create unlimited tasks, and the essential features are free!
It currently doesn’t have a web version, which could make using it a bit of a nuisance. But other than that, I cannot fault Llama Life.
- Task timer helps focus by encouraging you to complete each task within time.
- Choose between alarm types that work for you
- Use Chimes to remind you to stay on task gently.
- Task Timers
- Clean Interface
- Generous Free Plan
- Isn’t Available on Web Browsers
Akiflow is a personal task and calendar app that will assist you to stay organized at all times.
Because you will be 10 times faster at the basics, staying organized will no longer be a chore or take up an unreasonable amount of time throughout the day.
Akiflow’s core objective is to assist you in increasing your productivity in these three key areas: recording tasks; processing those tasks, and knowing exactly what to work on at any given time.
This is the main reason they have set up seamless integration with all of the top apps you use, so you can see everything in one place. Additionally, with task delegation and reminders, you will never lose track of anything important ever again.
The beauty of Akiflow is that it was designed with the user in mind. From the ground up, the developers have paid careful attention to detail so that the user interface is sleek, easy on the eyes, and uncluttered. Everything about this app’s design makes it a pleasure to use.
Akiflow is appropriate for anybody and everyone who desires to become 10 times faster in their daily workflow and who desires to make their planned tasks actionable.
After their 7-day free trial, you can choose to upgrade to their Premium plan which costs $15/month.
- Time management
- Goal setting
- Focus mode
- Seamless app integration
- User-friendly interface
1. The app is very user-friendly and has a sleek design.
2. Akiflow integrates with all of the top apps so you can see everything in one place.
3. The app has many features that can help you increase your productivity, such as task delegation and reminders.
1. The monthly price for the premium plan is a bit high.
Continuing down the list, we have Todoist. It’s one of the most popular to-do lists out there and for good reasons.
Starting off, Todoist is straightforward to use. You should start writing down lists in just a few minutes.
But simplicity doesn’t mean that this platform has only simplistic features. For example, you can attach files, use filters, and more.
Additionally, Todoist also makes sharing your list with other people effortless. You need to share a link with them, and they can start editing and completing tasks.
And what’s even better, you won’t have to worry about the platform you or your team members are on.
That’s because Todoist is available for all the major platforms like Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android. Plus, it syncs between them.
However, one of the bummers is that many essential features aren’t available for the free version. For example, you cannot filter your tasks or set reminders!
But apart from that, Todoist is a simple yet powerful tool for creating to-do lists.
- Multiple Views lets you create and visualize tasks the way you want them.
- Create Multiple Types of Tasks: Recurring or one-time
- Prioritize your tasks depending on their importance
- Effortless Cross-Platform Syncing
- Collaboration Features
- Easy-to-Use Interface
- Some essential features aren’t available on the Free version.
Taskade is an all-in-one productivity tool that allows you to organize and plan projects, manage tasks, take notes, collaborate with your team, and even build a knowledge base – all in one place.
One of the best things about Taskade is its user-friendly interface.
The Workspace View is your command center for all your projects, giving you a complete overview of everything happening in the app.
You’ll find yourself spending a lot of time here, so it’s important to know how to make the most of it.
In Taskade, you have the basic building blocks – Projects, Workspaces, and Folders – that will help you organize your work in a more structured way.
Taskade also offers different views for your projects, including List View (Outline), Board View (Kanban), Action View (Table), Mindmap View, and Org Chart View.
But what really sets Taskade apart from other to-do list apps is its integrated communication component.
With Taskade, you can chat, video conference, and jump on calls with your team right in the app. This feature is especially useful for remote teams who need to stay connected and collaborate in real time.
- Plan, organize, and manage projects
- Manage tasks and track progress
- Take notes and create outlines
- Quick real-time chat and collaboration
- Multiple views
- Syncs and works across all devices
- Taskade offers a wide range of features that allow you to organize and plan projects, manage tasks, take notes, collaborate with your team, and even build a knowledge base without using a truckload of apps.
- Taskade has an integrated communication component that allows you to chat, video conference, and jump on calls with your team right in the app. This makes it easy to collaborate with your team in real time.
- Taskade offers a free plan for individuals and teams getting started with the tool, as well as affordable paid plans for teams looking to scale collaboration with advanced features and security.
- Some users may find the interface a bit cluttered.
- While Taskade offers a free plan and affordable paid plans, some may find that the paid plans are a bit high for their needs.
If the other to-do list apps sound too complex for your taste, then Workflowy is for you. That’s because this app attempts to keep it as simple as possible.
You can see it easily with its simple interface. With it, you can easily create a list of to-do lists and nothing really more, making it easy to start using.
But that’s not where the features end.
For example, Workflowy also has something called “Quick Capture”!
With it, you can quickly capture your thoughts which you want to remember for later. That could be anything from a business idea to an event!
And if you’re working with a team, Workflowy also allows you to share the list. That way, you can work together and let others finish some tasks on the to-do list.
But there’s one major con with this app. The problem is that the free version is quite restrictive. You’re limited by file uploads and how many tasks you can create each month.
But apart from that, Workflowy is still an impressive to-do list app for those who want a simple place to write down their tasks and ideas.
- Simple interface lets you quickly create new tasks and be less overwhelmed.
- Bullet Journal lets you quickly write down ideas you want to remember in the future.
- Meeting templates help you to quickly start creating notes during meetings.
- Simple Interface
- Share lists
- Quick capture
- Limited Free plan
Next up, we have ClickUp!
ClickUp isn’t only a to-do list app. Instead, it aims to be the all-in-one team collaboration app. That’s primarily due to what it offers.
For example, in addition to creating to-do lists and Kanban boards, ClickUp offers you other services.
For example, there’s a built-in messaging app, a place for project management, etc.
Additionally to the many productivity tools, ClickUp is made with an elegant and clean design. That means it shouldn’t take long to start using it to your full advantage.
It also offers you flexibility as you can use it for bug tracking, product launches, sprint management, or more.
However, there are a few slight cons that you should know about. Since ClickUp offers so many tools, it could still have a slight learning curve to understand all of them.
Plus, users have been told that the platform can be slow occasionally.
- Folders and lists keep your documents well organized.
- View your tasks in multiple views: Kanban boards or to-do lists.
- Team chat helps you collaborate easily.
- All-in-One Team Collaboration App
- Clean and Elegant Design
- Slow interface
- Slight Learning Curve
Notion is one of the most popular note-taking software out there.
However, that doesn’t mean it’s terrible for creating to-do lists.
Actually, it’s the opposite of it! It mainly has to do with the high customization options you have.
There are many layouts out there, like lists, kanban boards, and so much more, giving you the possibility to create anything.
And you won’t have to start from scratch. In Notion, you can choose between hundreds of templates for any page you want to make.
For example, you could create your company’s home page, personal journal, or content marketing schedule. The options are endless!
And to top it all off, Notion has very generous pricing.
For example, if you’re using this for personal productivity, you probably won’t have to pay for anything as most features are available for free!
However, it’s not all sunshine and rainbows!
One of the worst things about Notion is that it can have a pretty high learning curve before you can use it to its maximum power.
But apart from that, Notion is a potent tool for creating to-do lists and more.
- Create anything your business needs with the Hundreds of Templates.
- Databases let you store data in an organized way.
- A fully customizable note-taking system allows you to create documents the way you like them.
- Highly Customizable
- Great Pricing
- Hundreds of Templates to Choose from
- High Learning Curve
Things might be for you if you’re looking for one of the best to-do lists apps! And here’s why.
For starters, Things has a simple interface.
That makes it effortless for you to start creating to-do lists. You should be able to start making them within just a few minutes.
But that’s not all where the benefits end.
Additionally, Things has some excellent organizational options. For example, you can filter your to-dos to multiple lists.
For example, you can schedule your most important tasks to upcoming or today lists.
But if there’s a task that isn’t necessary to complete as soon as possible, you can add it to your Anytime or Someday lists.
And to top it all off, you need only to pay a one-time fee to get Things. That means you won’t have to waste money on monthly subscriptions just to get the full features of Things.
However, there are a few flaws with this platform. For starters, Things is only available for apple products.
So if you own a Windows PC or Android phone, you won’t be able to use it. Additionally, there are no collaboration options available!
But other than that, you still get an impressive tool for creating to-do lists. So if you own Apple products, then you should consider it!
- Create both calendar events and to-do tasks within one app.
- Create projects to turn a bigger goal into smaller chunks
- The widget helps you to see your tasks without having to open the app.
- Great Organization Options
- Simple Interface
- One-time Fee Plan
- No Collaboration Options
- Only available in Apple Products
If Things isn’t your cup of tea, then Sorted3 might just be for you! Sorted3 is yet another to-do list app only available on Apple Products but works differently from Things.
For starters, Sorted3 has a feature called “hyper-scheduling.” It’s a mix between your typical to-do list and a calendar.
You create your list of tasks and add the duration it takes to complete. Then, once you’ve made your list, with just a few button clicks, all will be scheduled.
Additionally, Sorted3 is effortless to use. That’s primarily because of the useful gestures it has.
That makes rescheduling tasks more manageable and much more. And lastly, it also comes with a recycle bin feature. If you accidentally completed a task, you can recover it with it.
And just like with Things, Sorted3 also comes with a one-time fee, which will save you hundreds of dollars in the future.
So if you’ve got an Apple product, Sorted3 is yet another excellent to-do list app.
- Hyper-scheduling makes scheduling tasks faster and easier than ever before.
- Siri integration lets you quickly add new to-dos to your list.
- Intuitive gestures let you reschedule tasks as quickly as possible.
- Recycle Bin
- Useful Gestures
- Only available for Apple Users.
If nothing has piqued your interest yet, then Any.do might just be for you.
What makes Any.do so different from other productivity apps because it has some unique features.
For example, Any.do has one of the most advanced grocery lists. With it, you can quickly create your list thanks to Any.do personally recommend you items based on your previous shopping experience.
It will even add recipes to your grocery list with just a button click.
Other than that, Any.do has a very light design. That means it has a very minimalistic interface, but it also shouldn’t take a lot of space in your device.
And in terms of devices, you can use almost any device.
These include anything from PCs, smartphones, and even smartwatches.
But Any.do has one big flaw! And that flaw is the free version is quite restrictive.
So if you want the best experience, you’re going to have to upgrade to the paid plan.
But apart from that, Any.do is still a fantastic app for increasing your productivity.
- This Evening lets you separate your personal goals from your work tasks.
- Grocery list template lets you make grocery shopping a breeze.
- Cross-platform syncing lets you see your to-dos anywhere you are.
- Unique Features
- Light Design
- Cross-platform support
- Restrictive free version
Continuing down the list, we have OmniFocus. It’s yet another impressive tool for creating to-do lists. That’s primarily due to the fantastic features it offers.
For starters, OmniFocus gives you flexibility when creating your tasks. You can filter them the way you like them, like with tags.
But if that’s not your cup of tea, you can see them through their forecast.
But what I like the most is its notification system. With it, you can customize exactly how you want notifications to appear.
For example, you can tell OmniFocus to remind you multiple times if you wish.
And lastly, it’s a highly feature-rich platform. For example, you can do custom perspectives, automatically create a weekly review, and more!
However, there’s one flaw you should know about. And that is if you only use a Windows pc or an android phone, then, unfortunately, you really cannot use this to-do list app.
The only way you could use it is through the web.
But other than that, OmniFocus is still one of the most impressive to-do lists. So if you own Apple products, you should at least consider it!
- Forecast helps you to see the tasks in the following days, helping you to prepare for them.
- Notifications will let you customize it to your liking, so you’ll never miss a deadline.
- Projects, tags, and due dates help you stay productive and focused!
- Powerful Notification System
- Only for Apple Users
Next up, we have TickTick!
It’s another great app for making to-do lists. That has mostly to do with how many great productivity features it has.
For example, TickTick helps you be more productive with some tools you might already be using. These include:
- Pomodoro Timer
- White noise generators
But that’s not all! Just like with Asana, you can view your to-dos in multiple views. For example, you could create your usual lists, but you can create Kanban boards if that won’t cut it.
And to top it all off, TickTick is easy to use.
That’s primarily thanks to its well-designed interface, which helps you start creating your to-do lists in less than a few minutes.
However, there is one flaw you should know about. If you’re a free user of TickTick, then know one thing; you will be constantly asked to upgrade.
And that can be pretty annoying!
But other than that, TickTick is still a fantastic tool for creating to-do lists and staying productive.
- Turn your emails into tasks quickly.
- Keep your tasks organized in different ways like using filters, tags, and folders.
- Use the productivity features to keep yourself focused on the task at hand.
- Amazing Productivity Tools
- Easy to Use Interface
- Multiple Views
- Many upgrade reminders
Habitica is for those who find other to-do apps unrewarding and boring.
That’s because Habitica implements many features from RPG games.
In this app, you have a character that you can level up by finishing your to-dos and by following your daily habits.
You’ll also earn coins with what you can buy new gear for your character or custom rewards in real-life.
So with it, sticking to habits should be more fun and rewarding.
Additionally to rewarding to-do lists, Habitica gives you complete control of how you want to create your tasks.
You can separate each task with filters, add difficulty levels, and due dates.
And lastly, it’s effortless to use. After creating your character, it’s straightforward to start making to-do lists.
However, there’s one thing you need to know about this app.
And that is Habitica is not made for everybody. It works mainly for those who’re more tech-savvy or gamers.
So if you’re one of them, then Habitica is a helpful tool for creating to-do lists and building new habits.
Plus, it’s 100% Free to Use!
- Gamification makes completing your tasks easy and fun.
- Guilds help you to collaborate with others and keep yourself motivated.
- Reward yourself by spending coins for better gear or real-life rewards.
- Gamified Habit Building
- Fully Customizable Task List
- Easy-to-Use Interface
- Not for everyone
14. Microsoft To-Do
Next up is Microsoft’s answer to to-do lists! It’s a simplistic to-do list that replaces Wunderlist, which was shut down in 2020.
And it has some great benefits.
For starters, it’s 100% Free to use. All you need is to be a user of Microsoft 365, and you can start using it. There are no paid plans, so you’ll get the full experience1
But apart from that, Microsoft To-Do’s interface has been well-designed. It’s both simplistic and intuitive, meaning you can start creating lists and crossing to-dos within minutes.
And as an added benefit, Microsoft To-Do also syncs with Outlook Tasks, making your life that much easier.
However, there is one con you should know about Microsoft’s To-Do. That is, it’s a simplistic to-do list.
That means you shouldn’t be expecting to see custom views, filtering, or the ability of priority ranking your tasks.
But if all you need is a simple to-do list, you cannot go wrong with it. It’s free and very intuitive to use!
- Choose from various themes to make your to-do list look like you want it.
- File Sharing
- Personalized suggestions help you to update your daily and weekly to-do lists quicker.
- Syncs with Outlook Tasks
- Easy-To-Use Interface
- 100% Free for Microsoft 365 users
- No Advanced Features Available
15. Google Tasks
If Microsoft products aren’t your taste, then maybe Google Tasks is.
Like with Microsoft To-do, Google Tasks is 100% free to use. All you need is a Google account, and you can start using it. But that’s not all you can do with it.
For starters, Google Tasks is fully integrated with Google Calendar. That means you can display your tasks on your Calendar and cross them off.
And you can create new tasks within the calendar app, meaning you won’t need to download any apps for it, which leads us to the next benefit.
You can use Google Tasks on any device you want! It doesn’t matter whether it’s a MacBook or your android phone, you can use it in all of them, and it automatically syncs between them.
However, there’s one flaw with it. If you’re looking to use this with your team, unfortunately, you cannot!
That’s because Google Tasks doesn’t have any sharing capabilities yet.
But if you’re just going to use it for personal use, this is an excellent To-Do list!
- Seamless integration with Google Calendar lets you view and create tasks on both platforms.
- Create multiple lists to organize your tasks in separate lists
- Cross-platform syncing lets you see your tasks anywhere you are.
- Fully Integrated with Google Calendar
- Use from any device
- Easy-to-use interface
- Can’t Share With Others
And those were the fifteen best to-do list apps out there! Now all that is left to do is pick the one that suits you the most.
If you need something simple, then Microsoft To-do, Workflowy, and Google Tasks are for you.
But if you’re looking for more advanced, look for through the other to-do list apps.
And once you’ve chosen, you’ll start reaping the benefits of a productive life.