Task management is the process of managing and streamlining tasks throughout their cycle. Team management is all about collaborating with your co-workers, employees and connect with your whole organization to maximize productivity.
This process involves basic activities like planning, tracking, testing, and reporting. There are numerous benefits of task management as it helps complete tasks faster and provides optimum utilization of resources.
There are plenty of task/team management tools that can help you in systematically completing your projects. These tools will allow you to plan roles, track progress, and report information about the on-going projects.
Due to severe competition, some too many providers offer similar services.
This makes it difficult to choose one out of the many.
Qualities of a Reliable Task/Team Management Tool:
- Easy to Operate:
The first quality and productivity-boosting tool should possess simple operations. Because the simpler it is to use, the more useful it becomes. So, the first thing you should notice is whether the tool is easy to use or not.
- Integrated Planning & Scheduling:
Task management tools are used to organize and manage multiple tasks at hand with your team. A good tool must-have features that allow you to integrate your plans and schedule tasks at their given time-line. This helps in organizing workflow in a much better manner.
- Select Priority:
Prioritizing tasks is very important because there are times when some projects come with a shorter delivery schedule. This makes it harder to sort tasks that have higher priority. With a priority status, you can easily set whether the task requires urgent attention or not.
- Multiple Tracking options:
Tracking projects is difficult if there is no proper timeline with multiple tiles recording each project. A good task manager should come with multiple tracking options.
Keeping these qualities in mind, we have listed the 11 Best Task/Team Management Tools that will help you manage projects effortlessly.
Just like the name suggests, Teamwork lets you manage work more efficiently.
It helps in building team spirit by creating a chain to communicate creatively. It is a very simple to use tool that is powerful enough to handle complex projects thrown at ease.
You can also upscale its intuitive platform into an enterprise solution perfect for your growing business. You get all the ordinary task manager’s general features coupled with its unique design and easy-to-use interface.
That’s not all. You can also customize and make your user interface not so simple by using advanced tools such as Gantt chart, etc. It also has many unique tools for portfolio management, workload management, reporting dashboards, and whatnot.
List of features offered by Teamwork:
- Essential Management Tools: Teamwork offers you all the essential tools you need for managing your work more proficiently. It provides you with options for creating tasks, uploading files, and also add comments.
- Flexibility: The tool offers great flexibility so that you can work more efficiently.
- Customization: Teamwork can be customized to the core, with support for deep customization. So, if you want a tool that can customize as per your requirement, teamwork is best for you.
- Enhances Teamwork: Working on projects with a team is harder without a tool like this. It lest you share documents and all the necessary information with your team. This helps and increases teamwork because each member knows what their task is and works accordingly.
- Advanced Tools: With tools like Gantt charts, Kanban boards, timeline, board-view, etc. Teamwork offers a very advanced interface that is relatively easier to operate.
- The tool comes with a free forever batch for individuals and small teams.
- Pro version comes at $10/ month for each user billed annually. It offers multiple project management options with a list of advanced features.
- Premium is for large teams and comes with many organizable tools perfect to increase their efficiency. It costs around $18/ month billed annually.
- It also has an enterprise version that offers a customizable experience for enterprises. The price is according to the requirements.
Asana is a titan in space. It’s a software-as-a-service designed to enhance team collaboration and work management.
It helps teams manage projects and tasks in one tool. It is high in quality, easy to use, and increases team organization.
Its mission is to help companies thrive by enabling their teams to work together effortlessly. It provides clarity, creativity, and an easy approach all in one.
List of features offered by Asana:
- It sets strategic goals and tracks progress in one place.
- It can also see how much workload team members have among them.
- It comes with boards that allow you to organize all your tasks in these card blank abilities moving them across in a Kanban-style format.
- Looks creative and pleasing because of its neat visual design.
- It also has a feature called timeline, which allows you to plot out your timeline with your team and see exactly who’s working on which piece of the work. You can also track time and also get an outline of when it’s going to be completed.
- The basic plan is for free.
- The premium plan is for $9.99/month per user billed annually.
- Its business plan is for $19.99/month per user billed annually.
- You can also contact their organization for an enterprise plan.
ClickUp offers intuitive task management solutions that help boost productivity.
It is based on modern task management algos, which makes working together more efficient.
Through this tool, you can track projects with its minimal timeline feature. What’s more, you also get an easy-to-manage To-Do list. You will also get other basic management options like task scheduling, report generation, along with options to record & make screenshots.
You can mold ClickUp as per your requirements.
From accessible spreadsheets to checklists, it has everything you need in a good task management tool.
List of features offered by ClickUp:
- It helps you manage projects the way you like.
- It lets you access all your tasks at one glance.
- Project timelines help you stay ahead of your work-load.
- Spreadsheets can help you record tasks in an organized manner.
- Organize tasks, prioritize work, and access all your works using its intuitive To-do lists.
- Manage resources with ClickUp’s workload management services.
- It also offers features to Email, chat, and manage resources from managing all your tasks and workforce conveniently.
- ClickUp comes with a free plan that is free to use. It offers 100 MB storage and can be used by unlimited members.
- It also has an unlimited plan which costs around $5 per month billed annually. Here you get access to all of its features, and there is no cap in usage limit, including features like integration, storage, boards, goals, etc.
Wrike is a collaboration tool through which you can perform many task management activities.
It was developed by Wrike, Inc, a California-based private programming company.
The tool was released almost a decade ago in 2006. This tool’s unique feature is that it is available across platforms on iOS, Android, and the web.
This means you don’t have to access it through a web browser every time you want to access your task report. Wrike works as a software-as-a-service provider through which you can track projects, update deadlines, schedule tasks, and whatnot.
Wrike is also a very good team-building tool through which workers can collaborate more efficiently.
List of features offered by Wrike:
- This application is a great experience for those looking for an all-around project manager.
- Its collaborative comment feature allows you to leave relevant comments or feedback on uploaded work.
- This is great for social media managers who are socially more active.
- It also has custom workflows which are especially interesting for developers and those looking to make their workflow as it goes through the day.
- It is free for up to 5 users.
- Its $9.80 per month for 5-15 users with a free trial
- It’s $24.80 per month for 5-200 users.
- If you are a marketer or an enterprise, you can get its 5 Unlimited plan for bigger teams at discounted rates.
Monday.com, which was primarily called “dapulse” is a management tool that helps users manage their day-to-day work activity.
It was renamed Monday.com in 2017 to target a wider audience. Monday.com offers project management services to control tasks and divide workload with your team.
Its highly effective work model was also awarded the Webby Award for Productivity in 2020. What’s more, dapulse was one of the few no-code task management tools when released 9 years ago.
Monday.com works both on mobile and web, where you can do many task management activities like tracking tasks, following deadlines, and managing your work-force.
List of features offered by Monday.com:
- Monday.com is great as an all-around experience. It offers an attractive interface and a high level of customization.
- It has a progress tracker allowing you to see all of your data in a specific view, whether map view, card view, and even card view, based on person or type of project.
- You also have templates that can help you start with Monday.com. Whether you’re a freelancer or just using it in a small team situation like an agency, you can use the templates that get you started.
- It saves you time building all of these templates from scratch.
- The basic plan is for $25/month billed annually.
- The standard plan is for $39/ month billed annually.
- Pro plan is for $59/ month billed annually.
- Its enterprise plan is for $118/ month billed annually.
Using Quire, you can plan and organize tasks in a tree-like structure where you have to break goals into more practical and doable segments, which are then nested in a list.
Quire is made for this key activity and arguably the simplest solution for businesses that struggle with taking big goals. It helps all business types by making projects smaller as managing little tasks is easier than a full-fledged goal plan.
List of features offered by Quire:
- It uses agile methodologies.
- The service comes in three main view modes: Task List view, Timeline view, and Kanban view. All these enable you to work smarter and help in achieving milestones.
- It has customizable templates.
- Idea and resource management systems are of high quality.
- It also has Gantt charts.
- At the moment, quire is free of cost.
What Backlog means is a list of tasks that are used to support a bigger strategic plan.
It contains a prioritized list of things that the team has agreed to figure on next. Things you can include in the Product Backlog are user stories, bug fixes, and existing functionality changes.
One key component that Backlog offers is that it orders items by priority. The things ranked highest on the list represent the foremost important or urgent tasks for the team to complete.
List of features offered by Backlog:
- The service offers burn-down charts that keep track of each and everything.
- You get a bug and issue tracking that ensures the accuracy of work.
- It has Email integration that helps to connect better with people and team workers at all times.
- Comes with a unique milestone feature. Where you can break work into milestones that help in boosting your motivation and organizes work progress.
- It has a free plan that includes 10 users only.
- Comes with a Starter plan for $35/ month for 30 users.
- The standard plan is $100/ month for unlimited users.
- It also has a premium plan of $175/ month for unlimited users.
8. Zoho projects
Zoho Projects is a subsidiary of the tech giant Zoho Corporation. The Parent company is a leader in many IT segments popular worldwide for its outstanding SaaS services.
Zoho Projects is one of the most successful business enterprise solutions, which you can mold according to any business model. Although there are no pre-made templates, users get easily to the set-up user interface.
There are quite a few configuration options that go very deep, along with a perfect time-tracking suite.
Users can also benefit from its multi-platform connection suite, where you can connect Zoho with popular services like OneDrive, Toggl, Insightly CRM, and many more.
List of features offered by Zoho Projects:
- It has an issue management feature that allows work to be perfect.
- Multiple reporting modules present on the dashboards will help users prepare business reports and management summaries.
- Users can also utilize handy charts like Gantt, which provides a visual presentation on tasks’ progress compared to the plans.
- You also get a resource allocation chart from which you can know overloaded team members and how many are free to work.
- Zoho Projects is free to use for up to 3 users.
- It has a premium plan for Rs.350 per user per month, up to 50 users.
- It has an enterprise pan for Rs.700 per user per month and has no upper limit.
Hive is one of the leading task management tools used by big corporate houses like Google, Uber, etc.
It offers efficient task managing services which can help your team complete projects with ease.
Thousands of companies are using Hive due to its highly useful resources. It offers flexibility with options to customize views along with many add-on features. If you want to take your team’s efficiency to the next level, the hive is the tool for you.
Here each of your team members has the freedom to customize their management tool the way they want.
Along with that, you get Gantt charts, Kanban boards, calendar view, and also a tabular info segment.
List of features offered by Hive:
- Highly customizable: Hive offers users many deep customization options. Here all your members can get a personalized task management experience which makes it easier to understand.
- Work Consolidation: Working on big projects, divide them into small parts, and consolidate each after you complete them. With this, you can meet the goals more quickly without the burden of deadlines.
- Work Analysis: Hive also provides users with work analysis that will list all the completed works and the time taken to complete them.
- Create multiple streams: You can also create multiple streams under a single project, which helps diversify work with different sectors of people. This helps in managing and accessing progress.
- Starts with a basic plan of $12/month for each user billed annually.
- It also has an enterprise version that can be developed on request.
Organizing tasks is not easy; it takes a lot of effort and dedication.
But the most important thing for managing work is using a good task management tool. It offers you advanced management service, which you can use in any business model. Smartsheet offers very advanced services, which might make it hard to understand for starters.
What’s more, the tool also helps in increasing the scalability of the work you do. It not only helps in providing top-notch SAAS solutions, but you can also integrate it with platforms and experience a seamless task management experience.
List of features offered by Smartsheet:
- Remodeling: Smartsheet allows users to rethink. Using this tool will change the way users manage their work. It helps in overcoming problems by remodeling the way you work. It also helps in understanding trends and changing working methods accordingly.
- Adaptable: Although it is hard to understand, once the user gets the hang of it, there is no going back. Due to its higher adaptability, this tool can be molded into any form as per your requirements.
- Seamless workflow: Smartsheet also offers you a seamless workflow that helps you and your teamwork effortlessly.
- The Basic standard variant comes at $14/ month.
- Whereas its business version will cost you around $25/ month.
Trello is a very popular task management tool, also a subsidiary of Atlassian.
It is a work-space manager that helps in organizing your projects into boards. It tells you what’s being worked on, who’s working on what, and which projects are in process at a glance.
Think of a whiteboard filled with lists of sticky notes, where each note is a task for you and your team. It enables you to organize and prioritize projects in a fun, flexible, and rewarding manner.
List of features offered by Trello:
- Based on Kanban boards, the tool lets you create cards to represent tasks that you can move to different columns that signify different work stages. Each card lets you set deadlines and assignees, and you can add comments.
- You can create checklists and attach files from your computer or cloud.
- Add color code cards with labels to help you identify much quickly.
- Also, you can create more than one board to keep tasks separated.
- This tool recently added a butler feature. It works on automation that lets you build action-based triggers and custom workflows for your team.
- It has a basic plan which is free of cost.
- Its business plan costs around $10/ month for each user billed annually.
- You can also select their enterprise plan by contacting their service team at more affordable rates.
Conclusion: Which are the Best Task/Project Management Tools that you should use?
Going with Trello, ClickUp or Asana should be the best option if you are starting out and want a simple, cost-efficient management tool.
But if you have already established a name for yourself and run a big team under your hood. Then you can choose anything between Monday.com or Quire as both of them offer great productivity benefits.
All-in-all these are our 11 recommended picks from hundreds of Task/Project Management Tools.
Let us know your pick in the comments below.